11. Don't care

So sorry. I had to remove the chapter temporarily because for whatever reason Wattpad wouldn't allow me to make any edits.  And then after I made the edits, the chapter somehow deleted itself.

Again so sorry, but I got it working again.

Enjoy!!!

Thirteen's POV

I shove open the door to my house, Jason following in behind me. I barely make it an inch through the door before I'm assaulted by Devin.

"Devin," I growl as he wraps his arms around me, pinning my arms to my sides and hugs me tightly. "Get. Off. Me."

"Now why would I do that?" He tightens his grip on me.

"Well for one I can't breathe. Two, do you ever want to have kids in the future?"

He lets go of me real quick and takes a few huge steps backward. I walk around him and into the kitchen.

"Why," I start as I pull a water bottle out of the fridge. "Am I getting attacked before I can even make it through the door?" I question Devin as he takes a seat at the counter next to Chase. Jason leans back against the wall. Cody's nowhere to be seen and I couldn't care less where Eleanor is.

"Because I went exploring through the house today." I shoot him a glare. "And I discovered the room on the second floor dedicated entirely to video games." He smiles like he's rather pleased with himself.

"Although," He starts up again after a moment of silence. "You don't exactly strike me as the type of girl to sit around and play video games."

"That's cause I'm not," I reply, hopping up and sitting on the counter.

The room is only there because after coming over to my house so often, and continuously staying here, Ryder complained about me not having any videos games. So he took my credit card and completely redecorated one of the spare rooms. I didn't mind. It's not like I don't have the space or money.

But the room never gets used unless Ryder's here. It has literally every video console known to man as well as shelves full of games. And if I don't have a specific one, Ryder just goes and buys it...

With my money.

"Then why do you have the room?" Devin asks curiously, Chase looking at me with the same look on his face.

No point lying to them if he's planning on coming over later.

"Because of-"

"Honey! I'm Home!"

"That idiot." I finish as I hear the front door slam shut.

Ryder is the only other person who Henri will ever let in, whether I'm here or not.

Ryder comes around the corner into the kitchen before Devin can say anything else. A large duffle bag is slung over his shoulder and he balances a stack of seven pizza boxes in one hand, a slightly smaller duffle bag in the other.

"I brought food." He says, placing the pizza on the counter along with the smaller duffle bag.

"I don't know who he is but I like him," Devin says as he throws open one of the pizza boxes and shoves a slice in his mouth.

"I poisoned it," Ryder says with a straight face and serious tone.

Devin immediately spits it out and begins choking.

"Really?" I ask as I shoot him a look that's asking if that was really necessary. He just nods and grins. I shake my head at him and smile as Devin finally stops choking to glare at Ryder.