28. Garrett trained me personally

I could've posted this chapter yesterday but I figured you'd all prefer if there was another chapter after this one...you'll all complain about how it ends.

Though you still have to wait till I'm done with my finals for the day.

Thirteen's POV

"Please tell me we aren't going to be going to another house of freaking horrors." Devin pleads as he takes a seat next to me in the hotel dining room.

He eyes the bagel on my plate and I roll my eyes, pushing it over to him in the process. He snatches it up greedily.

"You do realize that the hotel serves a free buffet breakfast right? You don't have to steal from my plate."

"Stolen food tastes better." He says through a mouth full of bagel.

"And we're not going to another house of horrors, I promise you that." I pick up a piece of watermelon from my plate and pop it into my mouth. Devin takes one as well.

He glances around in confusion. "Where's Cody? And for that matter, where's Chase and Elaine?"

"Eleanor-"

"Elaine."

"Was complaining about how she has no more clothes to wear since because of me, she's ruined all of them." I roll my eyes in irritation. "So Chase took her to pick up so clothes to keep me from killing her while we're here."

"And what about Cody? I didn't really expect him not to be by your side." He grins widely at me and I give him a flat look.

"He went with them."

"And you're ok with that?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I had to practically force him to go." I shrug. "I'm not comfortable with anyone going somewhere without back up. We have no idea who's in this area and I'd rather whenever one us need to go somewhere someone else went with them."

"Besides," I continue. "You and Jason were still asleep, he was the only other one to go with Chase."

"Speaking of Jason, where is he?"

"Went back up to the room to take a shower shortly before you sat down."

Devin continues stuffing his face with my food, I just roll my eyes at him and prop my feet up on the chair next to me.

"When are we leaving anyway?" He asks, his mouth full of food.

"One, that's disgusting. Two, keep your mouth closed. Three, I kind of figured we'd leave tomorrow. We've been moving around nonstop for these past couple weeks and I figured it'd be nice to give you all a break."

Devin reads between the lines...as per freaking usual.

"You're in pain aren't you?"

I just glance at him from out of the corner of my eye. Yes, I am in pain. No, I'm not going to admit it. I ran out of the painkillers Henri had given me and my chest feels like it's going to explode. My leg and arm aren't exactly pain-free either, but I'd managed to keep my stitches intact this time.

"I'm fine."

"Bull. Shit."

I glare at him and he glares back. Our staring match is interrupted by my phone. I pull it out and answer it...this'll be a fun conversation that's way overdue.

"I assume you either going to apologize, cuss me out, or expect me to help you with something, if it's the latter...you're going to have try very hard for me to even listen to you without hanging up in the next five seconds."