20. I'm going to have nightmares now, thanks

You're welcome.

Thirteen's POV

Ryder lets out a groan of frustration and annoyance.

"Could she take any longer?!" He shouts angrily, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically. "Seriously, what is it with girls and talking so damn long to get ready?"

I hide my smile so he can't see it. "She's only taking this long to piss you off. Usually, she's ready in less than five minutes."

Ryder grumbles a string of curses under his breath. "I swear I'll leave her here. Actually, better yet, I'll hit her with the car and kill her. She did say she'd rather die than go with me."

I shake my head and smile. I bump him with my shoulder and he glares at me...or I'm assuming he's glaring. He's wearing my sunglasses again.

"This is your fault." He says, beginning to bang the back of his head repeatedly into the car we're both currently leaning on.

Nicky comes walking out of the house-as slow as she possibly can-and makes her way towards us, backpack slung over her shoulder, a suitcase rolling behind her.

Ryder gapes at her. "You're not even wearing any make-up! What the hell took you so freaking long?! Do have any idea how much damn time you've wasted?!"

"Mr. Stevenson..."

I glance over Nicky's simple attire of a t-shirt, jeans, and converse. She purposely begins to walk slower.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear the black converse or the red ones." She says simply, but I see her hide a smug smile.

Ryder looks downright murderous. "You couldn't decide on what f-"

"Mr. Stevenson, do not finish that sentence."

"FREAKING! I was going to say freaking, since when is that curse word?!" Ryder yells, his irritation and anger getting the better of him. I, however, am trying my hardest not to laugh...which really isn't helping my ribs heal.

He turns back to Nicky. "It took you forty-five minutes to decide on what freaking color shoes you wanted to wear?!"

"No." Nicky waves him off like he's stupid. "I took forty-five minutes to decide which color, and whether or not I wanted high tops."

Ryder's jaw clenches and he marches towards the driver's side door of the car. I stifle a laugh.

"Aren't you going to be a gentleman and help me with my bags?" Nicky calls out in a sickly sweet voice.  Ryder stops in his tracks, one foot already in the car.

"I would," He starts in a frighteningly calm tone. "But I'm no gentleman." He pulls himself inside the car the rest of the way and slams the door.

I walk over to his window and motion for him to roll it down. I raise my eyebrow at him and lean against the car.

Nicky places her bags in the trunk and goes over the passenger side door, only to discover it's locked. She knocks on the window and Ryder ignores her.

"Unlock the door, Ryder," I tell him, trying my best to hide my own amusement.

He scowls at me but complies and unlocks the door. Nicky slides into her seat quickly, as if expecting him to try to lock the car again.

Ryder leans out the window, his face closer to mine as he whispers so Nicky can't hear him.

"If I go to jail for murder I'm expecting you to break me out."