24. Those are the numbers of your team

If I fail my finals, I'm blaming you people.

Just kidding...

But only sort of.

Thirteen's POV

"So..."

"So, what?" I ask when Devin doesn't continue on with whatever he clearly wants to say.

He's been grinning like a fool since taking the seat in the cockpit next to me.

"You and Cody..." He trails off, waiting for me to fill in the blanks.

I just glance at him out of the corner of my eye and he waggles his eyebrows at me. I shake my head but don't make any comment.

"Oh come on. Say something."

"Something."

"That's not what I meant."

I shake my head again and smile slightly. The ringing of my phone keeps Devin from asking any more questions. I take one hand off the controls to pull it out of pocket. I check the caller ID before answering it.

"Cell phones can take down planes you know," I state instead of greeting him.

"Don't land."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean don't land?"

"Exactly what I said. Don't land." He repeats and I notice Devin looking at me curiously. "There's a trap waiting for you when you touch down."

"And how do you know this?" His response is silence. "How do you even know where I'm going to land?"

"Sorry." He finally mutters simply and I feel my anger flare up.

"What happened to having each other's backs?"

"Daggers now is not the time to have this conversation."

"Then when's a good time? When I get shot out of the sky?"

"You know I won't let that happen."

I shake my head even though I know he can't see me. "Whatever. I'll change routes." I mutter. I reach over to the control console and begin to plot in the new destination.

"Be safe." He says simply before he hangs up...as always.

I grumble string of curses under my breath and Devin looks pointedly at me.

"What?" I snap at him.

"Who was that?" He asks calmly, curiosity shining in his eyes.

"No one."

"You were clearly talking to someone."

"Devin just drop it." My tone is firm and final. I'm not going to answer that question and he knows it. "Flight's going to take a little longer than previously planned."

"As long as there's no turbulence, that's cool with me."

I smile and jerk the steering to side quickly before correcting it. It's enough to cause Devin to tumble from his seat. He scowls at me.

"Not cool Thirteen."

I keep my laughter contained and let a smile grace my face instead.

***

"At least this one's an actual house, and not some run down creepy horror shed," Devin announces as he gets out of the car and stands in front of the house. The last location on the list.