0.50

check out the playlist for this short story -- the link is in the external link as well as below (even though you can't click on it)

http://8tracks.com/wreckedkids/addict

MY 8TRACKS USERNAME IS WRECKEDKIDS

i am so happy you are all enjoying this story

and really hoping you see the message this story brings - almost all my stories have a deep meaning behind it and i hope everyone learns something from it

also my inbox is always open for any concerns about the story, if you battle sadness, depression, cutting (although i have never cut before) - i'm here for you and i won't judge // as well have been through most of it especially depression (but i see someone, so it's all good - i'm okay, i'm safe)an

please comment some feedback as comments always keep me smiling and i learn heaps from constructive feedback!

and vote too if you liked this

and fan if you are a supporter of my work, but obviously there's no need to

stay gorgeous

// 

December 2nd 2015

5:31 pm.

North-West London

William Street , 62

Rosalind Hooversen and Aaron Hooversen Town House / Grand dining room.

               It was Saturday night and the Hooversen family was politely all sitting around the long, dark wooden table, munching away on their supper with joyful chatter. Yet, this family was so ecstatic and exultant, one person stood out that wasn’t quite like the bunch and her name was Dakota.

               Dakota played with the green peas on her creamy white plate, her mind clouded with thoughts and not able to tune into the various conversations around her. Her eyes remained on the big clock that was hung on the centre of the wall. She had been here for only thirty-three minutes and yearned to leave already.

               She had found an outlet for her boredom by looking across the table, at her brother Mason and his girlfriend, Nancy. They were giggling unobtrusively, and Dakota could tell they were playing footsies under the table. They were young; merely 19, but they were so in love. Dakota begin to drift off even more, wondering what it would be like with Louis by her side. She didn’t tell anyone in the family that she was dating Louis, as they would demand to meet and approve him for themselves, something that Dakota tried to avoid.

               “Dakota?” her mother’s gentle voice pulled her out of her trance. Her mother’s big chestnut eyes stared expectantly at her with slight confusion.

               Then Dakota noticed that all conversations had stopped and they all stared at her.