2.75

/not proofread so pls don't kill me. dedicated to @mindless (leah) because she's rad af. love you)

December 12th 2015

9:32 pm.

South London

Audrey Street, 14

Dakota and Louis’ flat / Bedroom 

               Fixing her white, flowy dress and drawing back her straw texture hair, Dakota sighed in the antique mirror. She wanted nothing more than to crawl up in a corner and stay there for a few days instead of looking her family in the eye.

               She was never much on her family’s side, but she knew it was wrong to use them for information. Telling Louis what her brother, Frank knew could possibly ruin his career and the thought seemed beyond selfish. But she knew she had to do what she had to do. This was just one of those days.

               Louis had already left the flat, and Dakota tried hard enough to push the mean voices in her head away.

               ‘Is he killing someone today? one whispered sinisterly, ‘you know, to add to his little collection of deceased people. Maybe you’ll join them one day, Dakota’.

               The voices were awfully similar to her Annabelle’s and Dakota pondered if she was in the same room, whispering the words. But she wasn’t, and it was only Dakota’s mind whispering nothings in her ear. Nothings that translated into truths that Dakota wanted to avoid as much as possible.

/

               “Oh honey, I’m well pleased that you decided to join us tonight. Our last meeting was quite, well it ended quite abrupt, didn’t it?”

               The daughter nodded her in agreement as her mother led her down the grande hallway with their arms linked. Tonight was another party the Hooversen family held. They invited many neighbours, clients and friends over to celebrate the great success of the Hooversen Enterprise that seemed to have taken over the UK. The Hooversen Enterprise was a company Dakota’s grandfather had build, a company that worked with networking all over the country. Aaron Hooversen had taken the company over from his father, and thus the success began. The party they held was another celebration for the well achievements they had made over the decades.

               “Hand your coat over to Jimmy. The party is everywhere, but I have to go and welcome some of the other guests! Enjoy yourself my dear!”

               Once she handed off her jacket to the cloak man, she immediately searched the prodigious room for her brother. The guests were all relishing themselves as they swayed to the live jazz music, sipping their champagne and chatted the night away. With their lavish attire, Dakota felt vulnerable with hers. She was surprised her mother and father even let her in the house, she looked like a disaster.

               “Here I’m done with this,” A lady grimly spoke as she pushed her nearly empty champagne glass in the hands of Dakota.

               Dakota, flabbergasted stood staring at the lady. I know this lady, Dakota thought, does she not recognize me? Have I changed that much from last time?

               Mrs Young raised her perfectly shaped eyebrow expectantly. “Well? Go along and clean it up!”

               Still in shock, Dakota nodded and scattered off, out of the room and into a new one. She quickly ran upstairs, and to the famous bathroom of hers. Once she shut the door hard, she glared at herself in the mirror.

               Her eyes soon became red, the deep blue of them slowly fading away from the powerful and vicious red. Her skin glowed paleness and she pushed her eyebrows together.

               Two years prior when she looked in the mirror, she saw a youthful young lady with ambitions but now the mirror answered with a sad young lady who’s biggest ambition was to live out with a boy.

               The door broke open, stopping Dakota’s train of thoughts immediately as she stared Annabelle in the eyes. Annabelle’s brown hair was curled dramatically, and her tight green dress fit her body approvingly. She held a champagne glass in her hand and as soon as she caught eye contact with her sister it faltered.

               “Anna-“

               “What the hell are you doing here?” She spat as she glanced to her sister in aversion. “Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone?”

               Dakota scoffed in a dirty grin. “You think I came here for you?” Dakota spoke out surprising herself and sister who was slightly under the influence.

               “Well I’m not sure who you came for because it’s not like any of us want you back anyway.” Her sister retorted back, laughing slightly.

               “You’re just under the influence Annabelle,” Dakota narrowed her eyes as she began to walk closer to her with her arms folded. “Drink a bit more, and you might forget about your miscarriage.”

               Annabelle’s face wasn’t fazed by the harsh words her sister shot at her. She almost let her leave without another word being exchanged, but she grabbed her sisters elbow strongly and pulled her close to her.

               “Look at you,” Annabelle chuckled shaking her head. “You’re the victim of your own sadness.”

               Dakota yanked her arm away, and stepped out of the room.