2.25

December 8th 2015

11:57 am.

North West London

Lombard St 12

Starbucks

               The two sisters, who both went through thick and thin with each other, sat snug on the massive armchairs in Starbucks. Dakota has been never a frequent customer at the mainstream coffee shop, but Annabelle promised she would pay for her as a treat – an offer Dakota could not refuse.

               Annabelle had the drink clamped around her long slender fingers as she brought it up to her lips, before letting out a giggle radiating her perfect teeth. Dakota’s heart panged at her teeth. They were so straight and white. She knew it was because of braces and she bleached them often, but Dakota’s one crooked teeth in the front bugged her daily. Especially when Louis pointed it out.

               “But I mean, can you imagine it?” Annabelle giggled shaking her head, making her curled locks frame her face. “Mother, the lady who wears gloves when she’s at high tea, drove a motorcycle in secondary school!” Annabelle put empathizes on secondary school to express her amazement.

               Dakota nodded with a chuckle as she picked up her drink. “That’s quite a strange thought, innit?”

               “Innit?” Annabelle pointed out as she perked up her perfect eyebrow. “What for vocabulary is that?”

               Annabelle was obviously teasing her, but Dakota felt discomfited. Had Louis’ slang already rubbed on her? Louis was a beautiful being to her but he also had some flaws that Dakota would admit she would not want to have – such as his slang. She didn’t mind it, but she knew that it would be one of the things her family would dislike about him.

               Dakota shrugged it off. “Oh, uh, I met someone who says that a lot.”

               “Sounds like a chav.”

               “A cool chav,” Dakota murmured under her breath as she averted her eyes to the coffee table.

               Annabelle bounced her eyebrows up in down in acknowledgement as she sipped her coffee. She set it back down and rested her hands over each other.

               “Mum told me Harry’s back in town.”

               Dakota rolled her eyes at the name of him. Ever since Louis broke the necklace and confronted her about it, she tried to be absolutely disgusted by him like she felt a few years prior.

               She murmured, “what about him?”