3.25

(let's pretend it hasn't been months since i uploaded. love you all lots. even if all of you stopped reading.)

December 12th 2015

3:56.

North-West London

Unknown

Underground in tube station

               She purposely missed three metros that night. Three metros passed her worn out, stenched face as she leaned against the tiled wall behind her. She knew something bad was bound to happen, but this night was a waste as far as she knew.

                Her gut told her not to go home, where there awaits someone who grants her love for something in return. Something that possibly could ruin her loved ones. In the midst of her slightly not sober stage, she felt remorse. Remorse of what she had planned to do, and what she was most likely going to end up doing. She not only became helpless, but now also a prostitute, bargaining information for return something that would make her heart melt.

                “This tube goes to South Kensington. Mind the gap,”

                That was it. There was no more hiding from her reality that she would have to end up facing. The conversion between reality and her nightmare didn’t seem to have much difference. She’d much rather stay in her stage of overthinking the situation than actually facing it.

                But the sun would rise, and whether she liked it or not she had to choose, and she knew her decision long before she registered it.

+

               “God, you’re finally back.”

                She smiled, her face pointing downwards as she put down her small bag on the dirty kitchen table.

               “It’s like four thirty, Dakota. Where’ve you been?”

               She scrunched her eyes as she breathed in through her blocked nose. “The tube. They were –uh – not running properly. I assume there was an issue on one of the tracks.”

                Louis nodded, turning away back to the sofa. “Suicide probably. Can’t people figure out a better way to kill themselves, instead of having to interrupt someone’s day.”

                “Louis, please –“

                “No. You could have gotten kidnapped or what not. You don’t know what lurks in the darkness, Dakota.”