7. Happy Birthday! :D

Haylee's Pov

I woke up in my/ Layten's bed. I peeked over to see Layten missing from his sleeping bag. "Layten?" I got up and headed into the kitchen. He was gone. I looked at the clock. 7:15 am. The bus would be here in 15 minutes. I ran around the house like a crazed girl yelling, "LAYTEN! SCHOOL!"

I then heard a flush. I'm so stupid. He came into the living room and sat down. He said, "I'm already ready." I asked, "Where are your crutches?"

He stiffened and pouted, "I don't like them and I walk just fine!" He started walking all around the room. "You know it hurts Layten." I said with a bossy tone. He sent me the puppy dog eyes. Ugh! "Fine." I sighed clearly defeated.

He laughed in a royalty way and pointed to his room. "Go change." He ordered. I bowed before him and ran into his room. His mom brought me some clothes and I put them on quickly. I ran to the bathroom And brushed my teeth and hair. I ran out crashing into Anna who just came out of the basement.

"HI!" She yelled trying to see if I was awake. Layten ran into the hallway and Anna said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLEE!" Layten's jaw dropped. "Today is your birthday?" He asked unbelievably.

"Yeah." I said. He ran into his mom's room shutting the door behind him. "Thanks by the way. You remembered." I said to Anna.

Anna smiled and said, "Your welcome. I never forgot my best friends birthday." She hugged me and ran into the bathroom. It was two minutes before I looked back to the clock. 7:28. "THE BUS WILL BE AT THE END OF THE STREET IN TWO MINUTES!" I screeched.

Layten and Anna came running out of the rooms and we all ran out side. I saw the bus at the end of the street and Layten yelled, "RUN MY NIGGAS!"

We HAUL ASSED to the school bus catching it just in time. We all sighed and puffed as we got on the bus. I sat beside Anna and Layten sat beside his BFF Addie.

I felt something hit me on the back of my head in my last class today. I was in my advanced math with 8th graders. That's right 8th graders. I'm too smart for 7th grade advanced math. I looked on the floor to see a folded piece of paper.

I opened it and it says: I'm Freddy. Whats your name?

I looked back to see a boy with playing with his pencil. He saw me and waved. I waved back and wrote down: I'm Haylee. Do you know Layten?

I remember Layten saying that the journal I got was his friend's Freddy. I wonder if this is that Freddy? I threw the note back to the cute I must say boy.

A minute later I got the note back. It says: Yeah were buds. Why do you know him?

I wrote down: Do you know me?

I threw it back to him and another minute I got it back. It says: Yeah your Haylee. Didn't Layten save you last friday?

I wrote down: Yeah. I think I have something of yours.

I threw it back to him and he looked up at me with a confused look on his face. I motioned for him to wait. After class was over the bell rung and people started to go home. Freddy walked up to me and whispered, "H-hi."

He was shaking in front of me. "Are you okay? You seem frightened." I rested my hand on his shoulder and he shook one more time before stopping. "I-I'm fine just shy is all."

I patted his back and said, "It's okay. So is this yours?" I pulled the journal out of my back pack and handed it to him. He looked at it in disbelief. "I've been looking for that. Where did you find it?"

I dont know what it was but I couldn't stop staring at him. I finally snapped out of my trance and said, "Oh uh in uh the school." Freddy laughed and said, "Oh okay." I laughed at him.