22. Layten is Boss

Haylee's Pov

"What? What would I tell Layten?" I froze at what Anna asked. She didn't know. Oh that's great and bad at the same time.

"Uh um that uh..." I tried to find a explanation. "Wait. Are you two on a date?" Anna asked smirking at me.

"We-" "Are." Finished Matthew. "And we would really not want Layten to bother us." Matthew said.

"Why would Layten bother you? Wait he doesn't approve of this does he?" Anna asked and me and Matthew both shook our heads no.

"Well I don't exactly ship Haythew so sit your butts down while I call Layten about this." She's ordered and Matthew tried to protest.

"Hello Layten. How are you? You know I couldn't help but wonder is Haylee at home?"

She put it on speaker and I heard Layten say, "Yeah she- what?"

Anna asked, "Well is she?"

"Uh I can't seem to find her." He said.

Then my phone went off.

From: Layten :P

Where are you?

"Well guess who I ran into at the ice cream parlor?" Anna asked.

My phone went off again.

From: Layten :P

Your so dead.

Then I heard his voice on the phone, "I'm on my way."

Oh my god.... Then I screamed, "GET THE FUDGE OUT OF HERE MATTHEW!"

He looked startled and I tried to push him out the door when I was stopped by Anna's friends.

"Your not going anywhere." Anna ordered and pointed to a chair. I sat down and shook violently afraid of what Layten would do.

"So did you sneak out or something?" Anna asked and I nodded. I looked at Matthew who was deep in thought. I saw him mouth 'I'm gonna die'.

"What were y'all planning on doing? How long were you two going to keep this a secret?" She kept throwing questions making my head spin.

When I told her what happened she said, "Layten is going to kill you." And I heard a voice filled with anger that I didn't want to hear, "I sure will."

I turn around to see someone I hoped I wouldn't see tonight. Layten with a angered expression.

"What... the.... fudge?" He said slowly. He pointed to Matthew, "You lied. Your going to die." He jumped at Matthew tackling him and choking him.

"Layten stop!" I screeched trying to get out of Anna's grasp. Oh my god he's going to kill Matthew!

Matthew's Pov

I look around to see my vision blurring. I see Haylee being held back by Anna and Layten strangling me. The voices echo in my mind and I realize...

Air. I need it to live. Help someone get this crazed boy off me I want to live. I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!

I finally get air but receive a knuckle to the face. I hold my cheek and Layten holds his hand crying out in pain.

"Your face is like a brick wall dummy!" He yelled at me. I yelled back, "Well you shouldn't have punched it!"

He looked at me and stood up sizing me so that he's still taller.

"I told you to stop this and what do you do? You do it anyways! You lied to me! Your best friend! Why?" He asked looking confused, angered, and hurt.

"I'm sorry I just.... I don't know I'm sorry." I apologize. "Sorry doesn't cut it." He said.

"Leave her alone or else..." He started to walk away grabbing Haylee from Anna.

"Or else what?" I ask him.

He turns around and sobbed, "Before I have to hurt my best friend." He wiped his eyes and walked out with Haylee...

Anna walked up to me and said, "Sorry I had to do that. It's just that I'm afraid Haylee will lose another person she loves if she keeps gaining them."

"That's the thing. She won't lose me. I promise I will never leave her. I promise..."

___________________________

YAY I UPDATED NECT CHAPTER! Until Next Time...(which is probably tonight lol)

-Anna😘