27. Who to Pin It On

Haylee's Pov

We got to the bowling alley and met Addie and Ashely. They had their own bowling balls! I could tell by their appearance they were good.

But Matthew and Layten just looked like they were.... nervous? We got to our lane and I got a bowling ball. I really never played bowling in my whole life so I'm nervous.

"Uh... Ashley?" I walked up to Ashley who was polishing her ball. "Yes?" Se asked. "How do you bowl?" I asked and she looked at me suprised.

"You've never played?" I shook my head no. "Well you take the ball and line it up roll it in the direction you want. And if you want lots of them knocked down do that with just enough power in your throw. But don't go overboard or you will throw it in the gutter." She said and I nodded.

I put all the names in: 1. Ashley is da bomb 2. Addie is the greatest 3.Haylee 4.LaytenB) 5.Matt the child:P 6.Anna the destroyer

Everyone laughed at the names and Ashley started she whispered to me, "Watch this." She lined up and rolled the ball bending ever so slightly.

It hit beside the middle pin with such force that all the pins fell over. She turned around and bowed to us and we laughed.

Anna's friends just hung around in the back talking quietly then I turned my attention to Addie who got a strike. Then it was my turn.

I got up and ran to the ball I looked back to everyone giving me a thumbs up. I lined up and threw the ball letting it roll straight down the middle with slight force. It knocked down all the pins.

Everyone jumped up whooping and Addie yelled, "STRIKEAROO!" I sat down and then it was Layten's turn. Layten walked to the ball and threw it and hit three pins. He smacked his face and rolled again getting 4 more down.

He sat back down and I patted his back. He laughed with me and Matthew slowly made his way towards the bowling balls. He lined up and threw the ball. In the gutter.

He looked back and I gave him a thumbs up he gave me a thumbs down. This is why he was nervous. He threw it again and got two.

He came back and sat beside me. "I suck." He pouted and I nodded. He smirked and said, "Shouldn't have agreed with me."

"What are you going to do about it?" I challenged him. He smirked and said nothing. I rolled my eyes and Anna got up threw the ball and walked back.

"You got a strike." I said and Anna said, "I know." And walked back to her friends. She talked to them and I turned back to the game where Ashley got another strike. This is going to be a long game.

Now I know what Matthew meant by you shouldn't have agreed with me. Everytime I went up to bowl I would catch him glancing at me and he would wolf whistle.

I wanted to give him the middle finger but we were In public.

At the end of the game Addie had 167,Ashley had 156, Layten had 87, Matthew had 76, I had 109, and Anna had 157.

The game went on for 1 hour and then we went to the arcade. Me and Layten jumped in this 2d Jurassic park hunt shooting game and we won! It was long but we won! I think it took 15 minutes.

We met back with Addie, Ashley, and Anna who was watching Matthew jump the light rope. They helped him by yelling jump then he missed one and lost.

We then did ski ball and Caleb's dangerous hunt. Matthew won at both of them and rubbed it in my face. "I'm better at this than bowling." He said and I said, "Your WAY better than any other sport than bowling."

We laughed and Layten said, "It's 3:03."

"We haven't eaten lunch." I said and Anna screeched, "ON WARD TO BRUSTERS MY FELLOW PEASANTS!"

We all walked across the road to Brusters and had icecream for our late lunch. "Were so unhealthy." Layten said after we finished our icecream.

"I know." I said and them saw two men come in and walk up to the cashier person. I heard Matthew and Anna talking about Anna's friends who left and I tapped them.

I whispered, "Guys." They both looked to me and I said, "Look behind my shoulder."

They looked over my shoulder and back to me. Matthew slowly got up and stood behind the men pretending to stand in line. Then one man went to his pocket and Matthew yelled, "GUN!"

Matthew pushed the guy on the ground and scrambled to get to cover. The guy got up and tried to shoot Matthew when Anna jumped on his back out of nowhere.

She knocked the gun out of his hand and I ran to grab it. I got it but then the other guy pointed his own gun towards me. I got pushed out of the way from someone and heard multiple shots.

I looked back to see Matthew holding a gun up and I looked across from him to see a man lying on the ground clutching his leg.

"Matthew where did you get a gun?" I yelled at him. He looked stunned by what he did but then shook it off and came over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded and tried to speak, "Y-you saved me." He nodded and helped me up. I looked back to Anna who was tying up the man who got shot and the unconscious man.

Matthew set me down beside Layten who was now holding me and trying to hush my small whimpers. Matthew went back to help Anna and the cashier was calling the police.

I wanted to run to Matthew and hug him but I just stayed still in Layten's grasp. Addie and Ashley went outside ad met the police. The police came in and hand cuffed the two men.

They got a look at their faces and nodded saying stuff I couldn't hear. I got out of Layten's grasp and asked the police, "Who are they?"

One answered, "They are from the most dangerous gang in Lagrange." I felt goosebumps go up my skin at the mention of Greg's gang.

Anna came up to the cops and asked, "I thought that gang was corrupted when the leader died."

The cop answered, "We did too. But it looks like as if they still have a leader. Like another member of the leaders family." I couldn't hold back the tears that were to come out of my eyes.

I broke down crying and screaming and Matthew held on to my shoulders. "Shush Haylee it's okay." He said. Then it struck me. W is the new leader if the gang. W is Greg's relative.

Now we have to find out who W is.

After we left the car ride was silent mostly because I went to sleep. And I didn't wake up until the next morning.

Layten's Pov

When I got home I carried Haylee in and left her on my bed to sleep. I realize we don't have school tomorrow because it's supposed to be a blizzard until Sunday so school is postponed all week.

I went straight to sleep and had the same dream no surprise. Meadow. Girl. Lighting. Let me guess...6 times? Yep.

It bugs me to know that time is running out. I guess I'll know when our ends are like a future teller or something. But does it mean something when the lighting sounds like explosion?

Still need answers and now I need them more than ever because... times running out.

___________________________
Yay I updated. Away from my cousins finally and now I'm with my partner in crime RILEY! Haha well now.....
Until next time...
-Anna😘