14. Finding out

Haylee's Pov

After we got home I freaked. Who is W? What does he or she want with me? What did I do to deserve this?

I want to know. I HAVE to know. I try to think of everyone that hates me. I really don't know anyone with the letter W in their name.

Maybe last name? What is Greg's last name? It couldn't be Greg of course he's dead. Right? Yeah they told me he was dead.

But where is his body? Did they make sure he was dead? "Layten!" I called for Layten and he came in.

"Layten are you sure Greg is dead?" I asked and he said, "Yeah I shot him straight in the head. It's probably 1/1000 chance he would survive."

"Where's his body then?" I asked and Layten stiffened. "Well the police came back to the alley and found him dead. They went to go call the ambulance in a nearby building, but when they came back his body was... gone." He answered.

"What if he's alive?" I asked standing up. Is it me or is the air getting lighter in here?

"He couldn't be. Don't worry Haylee." He reassured me.

I calmed down and sat. "Do they know anything about Greg? His last name?" I asked and Layten shook his head no.

"We need answers I need to know. Before someone else gets hurt." I said and he nodded.

Anna walked in and I had a idea. "Anna?" I asked. "Yeah?" "What did they do to you after all these years?" I asked.

She sighed and sat down. She started her story, "After they captured me I was put in a building where it was cold and hard wooden walls. I tried to break out but couldn't. The next day I gained some kind of boost. Anger. It's a living thing my anger. It's a poisonous python wrapping itself around me. The only thing that kept me of the cold hard ground."

She stopped took a breath and continued, "I punched the wall. Over and over until I broke through. Then someone came for me. They brought me to Greg and he kinda kept me and I guess he was going to use me as bait to catch you. I trained all these years. I know how to kill a man with my one hand. I know how to get to a person to know them and make them speak the truth. I know how to protect myslef."

She finished and I asked, "Do you know anything about Greg? Like his last name?"

"Greg's last name? I don't know that but he doesn't have any sons or daughters so there is no way for that gang to run anymore." She said.

"Okay. Thanks for telling me." "No problem." She said and left the room.

Twenty minutes later Anna came running back in the room. "Haylee! Layten! There was a letter at our door step!" She said and handed me a letter.

I tensed up then opened the letter.

To Haylee,

You know me. I know you. Lets get together, and get this through.

You love me and I love you. Sorry to say but death is due.

I didn't want to hurt you but I have to. So say your goodbyes before I just might kill you.

I'm glad to say you won't die today. But lighting strikes twelve times and then you will die.

So goodbye my old friend here comes your end.

Love, W.

I sobbed and Anna held on to my shoulders. "W is going to kill me."

Layten's Pov

After I read the letter I remembered my dream. The twelve lighting strikes? The last one hit her in my dream and she was gone. My mind was warning me about her. And now we are waiting for the lighting strikes.

"I'm going to sleep." I said getting in my sleeping bag on the floor. "It's only 8:45." Anna said and I faked yawned and said, "I'm tired goodnight."

Then I curled up on the floor and let darkness float around me.

The same girl I still can't see her face but I know who it is. My mystery girl. My Haylee.

She stood in the middle of a field and the dark clouds surrounded her.

Lighting bolts flashed and boomed as they hit the earth. But this time there where only 11 strikes. Are they counting down? Is Haylee going to die after all the bolts are gone?

Then the scene changed it was our school. And it blew from brick to brick in a massive explosion and I heard a ear splitting sound, "HAYLEE!"

I woke with a start. I was sweating and breathing hard next to me was Haylee. "Layten you screamed my name are you okay?"

"I-I'm ... fine."

___________________________

Oh my god. Now if you remember I the first chapter head that dream of the mystery girl getting hit by lighting blots! OMG REMEMBER? I DO! OMG IM SO EXCITED! Until next time..

-Anna😘