9. Lost My Love

I stood up. I was in the middle of a green meadow. The same one Layten found me in. I sat by the tree that we first talked by. Where I told him I accepted his help.

I saw someone across the meadow and stared in disbelief. "Freddy?" I called out. The boy smiled and started walking to me. "H-hi." He sputtered.

I laughed and hugged him. He hugged back and I kissed his cheek. "Haylee wake up." He said. "What no I want to stay with you." He started to fade away with the meadow. "No! NO!"

I woke up startled. Layten was shaking me saying, "Haylee get up." "NO!" I screamed and he jumped back.

I felt my face. Dang I'm still alive. I want to die. I want to be dead. "Where's Freddy?" I asked.

Anna ran in the room and sighed, "She's awake." I screamed, "Where's Freddy!" Anna tried to calm me and Addie, Ahsley, and Matthew walked in.

"Layten wtf happened?" I asked. He started then shut his mouth and looked away. Matthew said, "Come on Layten let's go. We will talk to Haylee later. When the girls explain everything."

They left the room and Addie tapped Anna pointing at me. Anna sighed, "Haylee... Freddy is dead." No. No No No. NO DONT LET IT BE TRUE!

"I have good news then bad news then good news again." I nodded tears running down my eyes.

"Greg was shot and he died right there and then. That's the good news." She said. I smirked inside. That bastard can't hurt my friends now. Anna continued, "The bad news is Layten shot him. Layten says he feels awful and did a horrible sin."

"The other good news is that the whole gang was trapped by cops. Cops found missing people stolen. The gang members are all in jail."

I still couldn't smile. I could probably never smile again. I whispered, "What is Layten going to do?" Addie started crying and Addie said, "I don't know."

Layten's Pov

I walked down my neighborhood with Matthew after we got out the house. I won't forget what I did. A horrible sin. One that I can't fix with just a prayer.

I feel so awful I can't take it. I want to just end it. I wonder what life would be like if I was gone? Would people mourn?

Matthew's Pov

Me and Layten walked through the neighborhood. He was having a deep in brain moment right now. I saw a big truck coming down the road. "Let's move." I said jumping out of the road onto the sidewalk.

"LAYTEN!" I screamed as he jumped right in front of the truck. The truck stopped but I don't think in enough time.

I ran to the front of the truck to see Layten crying. "Layten!" I yell running to him. I helped him up and got him to the side of the road. I called Addie.

Addie's Pov

Oh my god I hope Layten is okay. He's my best friend I'm worried sick. Then I get a call from Matthew.

"Matthew?" I asked.

"Addie come help me." He said.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"Layten jumped in front of a truck. He's trying to kill himself." He said.

~~~~~~

It's short I know but OMG LAYTEN NOOOOO! AND HAYLEE OMG SHES IM SO MUCH PAIN AND LOSS! Oh well that's how my book rolls. JK JK! I would never want that to happen. It be a nightmare! Love ya guys! Keep calm and read on!