The Angel and The Baby

Dean woke up, his eyes popping open instantly. He sat up and looked around, rubbing his face. What had woken him up? The sudden crying coming from three rooms down made him realize that that was the cause.

"Cass," Dean muttered. "Go check on Mary would you?"

He closed his eyes and leaned back to sleep but he didn't feel the bed move at all. "Cass?" Dean asked. He rolled over and found that the bed was empty. Dean felt his face fall and he quickly got up and walked to the room.

He opened the door, ready to kick ass, but he stopped when he saw a familiar dark haired man, humming a soft melody while swinging his arms back and forth. Dean sighed with relief and walked over so that he was behind Cass and looking down at the baby.

The little girl had black locks and emerald green eyes, and she was the center of Dean and Cass' world. Ever since they had gotten her, she had them wrapped around her tiny pudgy fingers. Dean rested his head on his lover's shoulder.

"Did she have a bad dream again?" Dean whispered as he watched the baby slowly fall asleep.

"I'm pretty sure she did," Cass sighed tiredly. "I'm trying to give her some happy images to think about."

Dean looked down at Cass' hand and sure enough it was cradling her head and faintly glowing blue. Dean knew that Cass hated to do that because he wanted to raise the child normally and not have to use any of his powers on her, but sometimes that was the only way she would settle down.

"What are you showing her?" Dean asked softly.

"Well, a variety of things really. Sunsets, animals, the coral reef." Cass sighed. "Oh, and rabbits. Those are her favorites for some odd reason."

Dean smiled a little as he watched the sleeping girl. She looked peaceful and content.

"You're doing a great job, Cass." Dean murmured against his ear. Cass' breath hitched a little.

"Dean don't distract me. If I get the wrong visions in my head. . . I don't want our daughter seeing that thank you very much."

Dean chuckled and then backed away, holding his hands up. "Okay, okay. I won't." He turned around and started to walk out of the room. He looked down at his watch and saw it was two in the morning. "Well, I'm going to go have some pie and then I'm going back to bed."

"Alright. I'll be there shortly."

Dean smiled and then walked out of the room.

* * *

"Now hold your arms out like this." Dean said, angling Mary's arms out away from her. "There you go."

"So where should I aim?" the little girl asked, looking up at her father with big green eyes.

"Hm," Dean said looking around. "How about that tree over there?"

Mary turned to her left a little bit. "There?"

"Yes, but don't let your stance break baby. If you let it break, your aim will be off and you'll miss."

"But what about when I'm being chased?"

"Well then you just try your best. But you aren't being chased so keep your stance."

Mary huffed a little and then straightened her shoulders, parting her legs slightly. She looked at the tree that her father pointed out and squeezed the grip of the .22 Caliber tightly in her small hands. 

"Okay, now breathe in," Dean said softly, squatting down beside her. Mary took a deep breath in. "And now breathe out, pulling the trigger when you do."