The Angel and The Dance

Dean walked into the bunker, his hair mussed up and his eyes filled with a sleepy gaze. He hadn't gotten sleep within the past 48 hours. They have been searching for clues on Crowley's whereabouts, but so far they have nothing. Sam is currently in his room, searching for weird cases to help them get their minds off of things and only God knows where Cass is.

Cass. Dean sighed as he plumped down in his chair. He leaned his head back, resting it in his hands. That angel has been acting weird lately. Like, weirder than he normally is. He hasn't been around as much and whenever he is, he avoids Dean's gaze like Dean is the plague. 

Dean frowned and then tried to push the image of the beautiful, blue-eyed Angel out of his mind. Dean mentally kicked himself. He can't call Cass that. That isn't okay. Cass is a man and he is a man and Dean was 100% sure that Cass didn't even roll that way.

Dean sighed and rubbed his eyes. It seems that whenever Dean is able to get Cass off his mind, he appears and then disappears and then it starts all over again. Everytime Sam mentioned Cass, Dean would sort of flinch or his posture would be a little stiffer. Dean hoped Sam didn't notice, but Sam noticed alright. 

He just chose not to say anything.

Dean sighed and sat up a little. He needed music. Music would help shut his mind up. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone out. He scrolled through his music when he saw a song appear. 

"As She's Walking Away" by Zac Brown Band, featuring Alan Jackson.

Dean looked around and then back at his phone. He hated country music with a passion, but that song was a guilty pleasure. A song he heard long ago, when he was 13 and at a Dude Ranch. The older man that took him in played that song, and while Dean had moaned and groaned and complained about how awful it was, he secretly liked it.

It was the only country song he liked.

Dean tapped the song and then a soothing melody came on. A nice string of guitars and then a soft play of the fiddle. Dean hummed along as the man started to sing.

"We never spoke a word,

but every thought she had I heard,

from across the room."

Dean tapped his foot lightly, his voice harmonizing with the lead singer's. Dean didn't really try to sing often, but when he really came in touch with the song that he was singing, people were surprised by how well he could sing. He wasn't "Mariah Carey" talented, but he wasn't a bad singer.

"We were standing face to face,

I couldn't find the words to say,

Gimme one more move."

Dean's mind drifted back to Castiel and how much Dean could relate to that verse of the song. Whenever Cass was around, Dean found it hard to speak to him. Harder than usual nowadays. Maybe it was a good thing that Cass didn't show up as much. Although, it hurt Dean a little. Whenever he got a phone call, he would secretly hope that it was Cass, but usually it was Sam. 

"You have a beautiful singing voice," a gravelly voice spoke softly. Dean sat up and grabbed at his phone, trying to press pause as quickly as possible without dropping his phone. The room fell silent as Dean's eyes met Cass'.

"Cass," Dean whispered softly, taking in the beautiful man's appearance. "You're back."

Cass nodded his head and looked down at his hands. "Yes, I am."

Dean cleared his throat and then set his phone down. "Where have you been?"

Dean eyed Cass carefully and was surprised to see the Angel look back at him flustered. "I, er..."