Chapter 8 - Of Course I'm Serious

"WOOHOO NO MORE PINK HAIR!!!!!!"

"WOOHOO NO MORE PURPLE HAIR!!!!!!"

I danced around the dormitory before running to the bathroom and looking at my hair. It was black. Black. Not purple. Black. I cheered again and grinned happily.
"You seem rather excited that your hair is back to normal." Alice stated.
"Shush, let her admire her black hair." Marlene said. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom. The door burst open and Sirius ran in, with normal hair, followed closely by James, Peter and Remus. It seemed like their 'Silent Game' went for two weeks, but they still kept the leaf in their mouth. Then two weeks after that they decided to take the leaf out of their mouths. Don't worry, I don't get it either.

"NO MORE PINK HAIR!!!" Sirius shouted. "I can't believe you changed it!" He pointed at me and I shrugged.

"You changed my hair to purple first!"

"No James changed your hair. Not me. I simply agreed with him. I didn't know you were going to change my hair too!!" We both glared at James who backed away.

"How was I meant to know she was going to change your hair?" He said, throwing his hands in the air.

"You're meant to know these things Prongs." Sirius shook his head and James sighed with annoyance before glaring playfully at him.

"Anyway what are you guys doing here?" Lily asked.

"Evans will you go out with me?" James asked.

"No."

"Now that you're all here, maybe we should head down? For breakfast?" Alice suggested. The Marauders glanced at each other.

"Alright." Peter said. They walked out. James was swaggering. Sirius winked at Marlene and you could tell she was trying so hard not to blush. Remus opened a chocolate bar and smiled at me. And Peter looked like the normal person and walked normally with them. We sighed and followed them to the Gryffindor Table, before sitting where we normally sit. The Marauders sat in their usual spots or maybe it's just another, 'Marauder Spot'.

I poured the milk in my cereal and started eating. "So are you guys looking forward to the Christmas holidays?" Marlene asked. Lily and Alice nodded and I stared at my food.

"A bit. I just hope Petunia..." Lily didn't finish her sentence, but it was obvious what she meant: her complicated-and-not-so-good relationship with her sister. Alice rubbed her back. Lily sighed. "Well I can't change her. Anyway, Izzy are you looking forward to Christmas?" I chocked on my food slightly and coughed. "Isabel?"

"What? Yes I'm fine." I coughed again and swallowed. "Wait no! No I'm not really looking forward to the Christmas holidays." They frowned.

"Why not?" I sighed.

"I don't really want to see my father." I admitted.

"Why not?" Marlene questioned.

"I don't have the best relationship with him..." I started to fiddle with my sleeves and gloves, which I had no idea I was still wearing. They looked at me with worry.

"What does he do? We can go upstairs and talk about it." Alice said softly. I nodded and stood up.

"Hey Fall!" James yelled when we passed him. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Do you play Quidditch?" Sirius spat out the Pumpkin Juice in his mouth and looked at James in shock. I frowned.

"Her? Why her?" He questioned James.

"She might be good at something for once."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms. "And no, I don't play Quidditch." This time it was Remus who spat out the Pumpkin Juice in his mouth.