Chapter 36 - Something Wrong

Over the next few days, James was allowed to leave the Hospital Wing, though he still seemed slightly depressed. The Slytherins were not helping, they spent most of their time teasing James about his defeat. Because of this, Peter, Sirius and Remus had received detention for hexing Severus Snape... again.

"You guys shouldn't have done anything." James stated when Remus, Sirius and Peter entered the Common Room with bored expressions after their detentions. "He was r-"

"The James Potter I know," I interrupted, closing my book and placing it down. "Would never say that Severus Snape was right about anything."

"She has a point, mate." Sirius said and sat down on the floor, in front of the small table which was in the middle of the couches. "You didn't get brain damage or anything did you?"

James let out a small laugh and shook his head. "No, I did not."

"He's still asking Lily out so I'm guessing he's fine." Peter stated and we laughed as he sat down in one of the armchairs and Remus sat down beside me.

"Serverus Snape isn't right about anything." James stated and leaned against his chair. "Is that better?"

"Yes very, thank you." Remus answered. He yawned and sighed, placing his head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Full moon coming up." He mumbled and now placed his head in my lap. I ran my hand through his hair.

"Ah," I looked up at the other Marauders. "Snape just sucks, I see why you guys don't like him. He's a terrible Potions partner because he spends the whole time acting like he is better then you-"

"But is he?" Sirius asked and raised an eyebrow, smirking. I glared at him.

"Why can't you just yell at him like you did with me?" James asked. "That'll make him shut up."

"Well that didn't work on you anyway! Besides, I think he gets that I hate him after I punched him in the nose when he called Lily a M- a... well you know what he said."

"Fall." Sirius said and pointed behind me. I turned around and saw Lily. She looked at all of us and sighed.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine." Lily replied, then walked over to the portrait hole. "I'm going to the library if anyone's looking for me."

"Hey Evans..." James started. "Will you go out with me?"

"Um... no." Lily answered and walked out of the common room. James grinned and looked us.

"She hesitated."

I groaned and face palmed, however Sirius smirked and started clapping. "Well done Prongs, you're getting there."

I rolled my eyes. Remus took out a chocolate bar from his bag and opened it. I looked at it and quickly, broke a few squares from it. "Hey!" He exclaimed and sat up. I looked at him.

"It's just a little bit. Besides our chocolate war is almost finished and I have no more chocolate." I stated. Remus looked at the chocolate in my hand then sighed.

"Fine, have it." My eyes widened and the Marauders gasped.

"Really?"

"Are you sure you didn't get brain damage, Moony?" Sirius asked with concern and Remus chuckled.

"No I didn't. Because Isabel has a point, she is loosing this chocolate war." I glared at him playfully and he let out a laugh.

"So does that mean the Christmas holidays are coming up?" Peter asked and I stopped eating the chocolate in my hand.