Chapter 22 - Are You Mad

"How come you're not happy that you have a new little brother?" Marlene asked.

"I don't know..." I muttered and sighed.

Truth was, I would be happy if he wasn't adopted to a terrible family. And.. well this kid is either going to also go under the Cruciatus Curse and beaten up or he's going to watch me go under the Cruciatus Curse and beaten. I didn't want that to happen... Also, now I couldn't leave.

"Enough about that. Izzy looks like she's going to be depressed-" Lily stated. I forced a smile and looked at her. "And besides, what did you think about the test?"

We had our first OWL exam, and it was pure torture. Even though it was Charms, one of my best subjects, it was still hard to even sit down and concentrate when someone was being very distracting.

"It was hard." Alice said. "And there was this one boy who kept flipping his hair out of his face-"

"And this other one who kept messing his hair because he thinks he's so good at everything!" Lily added.

"Education first Lily." I said teasingly and grinned.

"What?"

"I wonder who you're talking about..." I said, resting my chin in between my thumb and index finger. "Who always messes up his hair and thinks he's so good at everything...? I wonder."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Haha, very funny."

"And what was Lily Evans doing? Why was she looking at him when he was on the other side of the room?"

"Isabel-"

"Why was she looking in that direction? Was he her motivation to come up with an answer! Is she in-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Lily said warningly. I smiled innocently.

"Aww it's okay. I won't tell him. Now speaking of him, I need to work on my Potions revision..."

"Great. Let's go to the library then."

"Too much revision." Marlene groaned dramatically. "I'm going to die from studying too much."

"You can't die from studying too much." Alice stated.

"Yes you can! And I will!" We walked into the library and Marlene slumped into a chair.

I sat down on a chair and took out my Defence Against the Dark Arts revision and Potions revision. I looked at Marlene and said. "At least you don't have to get five OWLS. Then five NEWTS."

"True but still."

"You're being dramatic." Lily said to Marlene. Marlene's eyes lit up.

"You know who else is dramatic??"

I groaned and placed my head on the table. "That guy who thinks he's going to be Minister of Magic..."

"Wait... Was he serious about that?" Alice asked.

"Of course he's Sirius!" Marlene exclaimed. The two girls frowned. "Wait, wrong Sirius...."

I laughed slightly and started working on my Potions revision. I finished through a few questions before frowning. List the ingredients in the Polyjuice Potion. I thought for a minute. Lacewing flies, boomslang skin, hair of the person you want to change into... I tried to think of the other ones but my mind went blank. The worse thing is, we couldn't look in our books. Even if I did, Lily would pull me up about it. We had to act like it was an exam, which was very annoying.

"I need to ask Sev something." Lily said, standing up and grabbing her stuff. We looked at her.

"Why?" Marlene asked.