Chapter 12 - Bad Idea

"WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!" I heard and my blanket was pulled away from me. I shivered and curled in a ball. "COME ON IZZY!!!" I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I checked the clock nearby and groaned.

"Zoe, it's 5am." I mumbled.

"Well get up!! It's Christmas!!" Zoe danced around the room with my blanket. "We have a big day today!!"

"5am."

"I got you books!!" My eyes shot open.

"I'M UP!!!" I jumped and looked at the presents at the end of my bed. "Where are the books??" Zoe laughed and sat beside me.

"Works every time. And I did get you books. Also, Merry Christmas." I looked at her and smiled.

"Merry Christmas. Have you opened any of your presents yet?"

"Nope! I'm pretty sure I know what you got me though." I grabbed all my presents and placed them on the floor. I sat down on the floor behind them. Zoe did the same.

I grabbed my first present. "Open at the same time?" Zoe asked. I grinned and nodded. For some reason, we would always open presents at the same time at Christmas.

"Three." I started.

"Two."

"One." We said in unison and ripped the wrapping paper off our presents. I gasped. It was a book. But it was a book with strange runes on the cover. And it looked rather interesting. I remember when we were passing a bookstore in America. I saw this book through the window, but I had no money...

"Zoe it's that book that we saw in that bookstore!!" I exclaimed, opening the book and flipping through the pages.

"Is this a brush?!" Zoe asked. "Hang on: curl, straigten or dye your hair with one simple brush." Immediately she opened the box and grabbed the brush. She looked at it before brushing one section of her knotty hair. Her hair was now perfectly curled. "Oh my Merlin this is so cool!!"

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it! Do you like yours-"

"Yes!! I love it!! Now next presents."

I got a Roman Mythology book from Alice, a jinxes and hexes book from Marlene which had a little note that said: If James ever annoys you, oh and Sirius too. And from Lily, a new, fancy, blue quill. After we finished opening all our presents, we headed downstairs for breakfast. My parents already were eating, they said Merry Christmas to Zoe. I sighed and we started eating. After we finished, Zoe and I back to our room to get change. I put on a long, dark grey sweater, matching black gloves and beanie, and black jeans. Zoe wore a pink sweater, matching peach gloves and beanie, and black jeans.

"Come on! Let's go outside!" Zoe grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. We ran to the backyard, which was covered in snow. I looked around.

"Zoe, what are we meant to be doing-" I was cut off by a snowball which had hit my back. I turned around and saw Zoe grinning, her hand in the air like she had just thrown something. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Come on Iz. I would win a snowball fight anyway." She said. I grinned.

"Keep dreaming honey." I bent down and grabbed a handful of snow. I made a snowball and threw it at her. It landed on her shoulder.

She threw another one and I dodged it. I grinned and threw two at her. She dodged the first but almost fell down. She threw one towards me and it hit me in the nose. I threw another one and it landed in her hair. Soon there was thousands of snowballs in the air and two girls laughing. Eventually we were both on the floor. Snow covered both of us.