Chapter 28 - Bribery

I jumped off the Hogwarts Express with Marlene, Alice and Lily when I heard,

"So she didn't tell you anything?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! See James, Sirius, this is why she didn't tell you."

"So she did tell you!"

"No Peter. She didn't."

"Then why do you keep saying, 'she didn't tell you.' "

"Because you three like to meddle in her business-"

"Oh my Merlin! She told you!"

"No she didn't." Remus rolled his eyes and walked faster from the Hogwarts Express, as the three other Marauders followed him. I watched them, trying to act normal. But then how do you act normal when you're trying to eavesdrop on people?

"Yes she did! She bribed you into not telling us! She bribed you with chocolate!"

I snorted and the girls looked at me.

Remus stopped abruptly and turned to Sirius. "What?"

"She brought all those sweets and bribed you with chocolate!"

"She didn't bribe me with chocolate-"

"Yes she did! It's happened before! James did it once!"

"Yeah, and so did Sirius, Peter," James continued. "Frank, Alice, Marlene-"

"Marlene?"

"Yeah, Marlene, why?" James raised an eyebrow at Sirius. Marlene looked around, hearing her name. I grinned slightly.

"What? Oh there she is, Isabel!!"

My eyes widened and I grabbed Lily's hand. "Oh we're going to have to hurry-"

"Why?" Lily questioned.

"Evans!!" James pushed through the crowd. Lily looked at him and her eyes widened, and before we knew it, she had made a run for it.

"Fall!" I sighed and turned around. Sirius and James ran over to us, followed closely by Peter and a very annoyed and unenthusiastic Remus Lupin.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We know what you did." Sirius said, pointing a finger at me.

"Why? What did I do?" I rolled my eyes.

"You bribed Remus with chocolate!!"

I laughed and Sirius crossed his arms. I stopped and stared at him. "Oh my god, you're seri- not joking."

"You told Remus how you burnt your arm then you bribed him with chocolate to not tell us!" James yelled.

"You burnt your arm!" Marlene and Alice said loudly in unison.

"No! Yes! It doesn't matter, Remus healed it." Remus smiled slightly and sighed.

"But how did you burn your arm?"

"By jumping into a river of course!" I yelled sarcastically. They sighed and I looked at the girls. "I'll tell you guys later." Marlene and Alice nodded.

"Why do they get to know?" Peter asked.

"Because they're not idiots." James and Sirius crossed their arms.

"Yeah well you're a-" Sirius stopped and thought for a minute. "Wait..."

"Don't say it." James whispered to him. "Remember what happened last year?"