Chapter 20 - Don't Ever

I sighed tiredly. "Transfiguration done. Now for Potions..." I yawned and sighed. I started writing the essay. "Amortentia is the most powerful love potion-" I yawned again and pulled a blanket over me, I adjusted my glasses and sighed.

"Stupid OWLs..." I continued writing. "And - and um... Veritasserum... has something to do with the truth... and.. The Hate Potion is that stupid one James and I worked on..."

"I can't be bothered to do this." I yawned and grabbed my werewolf book that I got from the library. I lay down and started reading about how werewolves have an urge to attack wizards and muggles when they see them. That's why so many people were scared of them... and that's probably why Remus didn't want to tell anyone. I sighed, not really wanting to read about werewolves anymore. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, my book still securely under my arm.

I felt someone take my book gently off me and pull a blanket over me. I opened my eyes slowly and yawned.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?" I looked up and saw Remus. He was deathly pale, and had cuts, blood, dirt and new scars on his face. His hair was a mess, and his lip was bleeding. My eyes widened.

"Remus! What happened to you?" I sat up, my glasses hanging from my ear. I took them off.

"Nothing... I'm fine...." He sighed.

"You're obviously not. Hang on, I'll be back." I stood up and screamed. The other Marauders were kneeling around the couch.

"Hey Fall." Sirius grinned.

"Hi..." I said, eyeing them carefully. I walked to my dormitory and came back down with a First-aid kit.

"Oh Isabel you don't have to-"

"Shut up Moony." James nudged him.

I sat in front of Remus. I grabbed some anti-bacterial wipes and looked him. "Can I?" He sighed with defeat and nodded. Slowly, I started cleaning the dirt and blood off his face. "What were you all doing?" I winced slightly, cleaning a particular, deep cut.

"It was a full moon." Peter said. I nodded and looked at Remus, who sighed. I finished with the wipes and grabbed a tub of cream.

"I still wish I could help. With your transformations, I mean." I stated. Remus shook his head.

"I know... but there's nothing that could be done." He stated.

"You could become an Animagus. Like us." James suggested.

"I don't even know what my patronus is! I do want to help." I opened it and put a small amount on my fingers. I hesitated, but Remus didn't say anything, so slowly and gently I applied the cream on his scarred face.

"We can see that." I turned and saw Sirius flipping through the books from the library about. I sighed. I had been doing a lot of research and it was sort of depressing... After I was done, applying the cream, I sighed and put all the stuff away.

"T-thanks." Remus said quietly.

"Don't mention it." He smiled slightly.

"Now you four better go to bed." I said, packing all my stuff,

"Yes, mother." James grinned. I glared at him playfully.

"I'm serious! Wait-"

"No I'm Sirius!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Sirius go to your room!" I said jokingly. They laughed and walked to their dormitory. I sighed and looked back at all my homework. I grabbed my quill and my Potions homework, before sitting back down again.