Chapter 26 - Letters

TRIGGER WARNING!! (And Spoilers but still)

Okay, there is gonna be a mention of self-harm in this chapter. If you don't like that then you may skip the chapter or part.

If you are harming yourself, I just want you to know that you are beautiful and someone out there cares about you. Please, I love you all and I don't want any of you to get hurt.

~Ivy

~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long has it been since I was out of my room?

Around a month. I had started to loose track.

How long has it been since I've eaten?

Three days.

What did I eat?

An apple and one single grape.

How did I only have an apple and a grape?

By Hugh, who sneaked into my room at night.

What time was it?

Midnight.

When was the last time my father decided to torture me?

Less than five minutes ago.

I tried to untie the rope which was wrapped around my wrists. I managed to untie the rope and placed it on the table beside me. I looked up at the mirror and sighed. My hair was a mess, bruises and blood covered my body, I had dark circles under my eyes, rope marks on my wrists and my stomach kept rumbling.

To top it all off, I haven't heard from anyone all summer. One letter would make me feel better. From anyone. Even if it was a bad pun Sirius decided to make.

I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep, exhausted from the pain.

Pain spread through my body. That's all I could feel. Crucio. Torture. Pain. I screamed again and again. The sounds of  a car crashing filled my ears. A girl screamed and I saw her lifeless body on the ground. Then I was back, and my father stood in front of me. Broken vases filled with daises surrounded my feet. I thrashed around, trying to free myself from the ropes that were wrapped around me. A thousand knives shoved into me again and I screamed, feeling weaker and weaker by the minute. I looked up and saw Hugh, the fear in his eyes as he realises what this family is like. My father looked at me and raised his hand, ready to strike.

I shot up and looked around furiously. No one else. No screams. No cars. No fathers. Just me. Awake at 3 o'clock in the morning. I sighed shakily and looked around, sitting up and leaning against the bedhead. It was just me and a small insect with eight legs. My eyes widened as the spider crawled across my trunk which was across the room, but still very close. I bit my lip and watched it, making sure it didn't go anywhere near me. I stayed like that for the rest of the morning.

9:00. Normal people would be having breakfast. I was still staring at the spider, which had disappeared into my cupboard. I stood up slowly and locked my cupboard door. I grabbed a book and opened it. I started reading.

It said my father was a cruel person because he took my glasses.

I groaned and placed the book down furiously. I walked over to my trunk (while still being cautious because there might be another spider). I flipped through all the books I had, and I couldn't read one word. I sighed with annoyance and lay down on my bed, not being able to do anything.