Chapter 21 - Stop Talking

Today we were meant to see Professor McGonagall about Careers Advice so we know which classes we had to focus on. And honestly, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. All I knew is that once I graduate, I would move out of the house immediately.

"I like the idea of an Auror." Alice stated, looking through the list of jobs we could get.

"All the work you'll have to do though." I looked at her and she sighed.

"I agree with you though, Alice." Frank Longbottom said, he was also reading the list. "Auror would be cool, and you'll have to attend this Auror school thing after you graduate."

"You two can do it together." I said innocently. They looked at me, both blushing.

"What?"

"Nothing." I shrugged and walked away from them, grinning. I walked over to Marlene and Lily who were frowning at the list.

"Bar maid, Broom maker, Caretaker, Cashier, Chief of Staff, Curse Breaker, Dishwasher at the Leaky Cauldron... is there anything we can't do?" Marlene asked.

"You can't be a Prisoner of Azkaban, that's something." I stated. She rolled her eyes.

"Like someone would want to be a Prisoner of Azkaban. What are you two doing then?"

"I don't know." Lily and I said in unison.

"Hey Evans!" We heard and Lily ran off quickly. The Marauders walked over to us. "Where did she go?"

"She heard you coming and ran for it." I said, grinning at James.

"And why would she do that?" He asked

"Gee I wonder." I pretended to think about it and gasped in realisation. "Because it's  you."

"What about me?"

"Because you're you. That's why she left." James frowned.

"Sorry mate." Sirius patted James's shoulder. Sirius winked at Marlene, who blushed and smiled.

"I- um going to go find Lily." Marlene said and absently started to fix her hair. She avoided my grin then ran off. James went to follow her but Sirius grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Oh Snuffles." I whispered, grinning at Sirius. He glared at me.

"Don't call me that."

"Yeah, I'll leave that to Marlene." He shrugged, which made me confused for a minute but then I said. "You guys know what career you're planning on choosing?"

"Auror!" James exclaimed. "Like my parents and also you get to send people to Azkaban and kick some Death Eater butt-"

"I'm surprised you didn't say Quidditch Player-"

"Yeah that to. But a little wolf told me that Lily was thinking of being an Auror..." We all looked at Remus.

"What?" Remus questioned. "And I didn't say Lily was going to be an Auror. She told me that an Auror would be interesting-"

"Interesting you say? Auror it is then."

"No that's not what I-" Remus sighed with annoyance. "Never mind."

I laughed. "And Sirius?"

"Minister of Magic of course!!" Sirius exclaimed loudly and I hope jokingly, causing some people behind him to jump. I laughed.

"You'll be Minister of Magic when I magically get another sibling-"

"Sure, I'll just wait for your parents to-" I gagged and made a face, making them laugh.