Chapter 33 - The Stag, Black Dog and Rat

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and groaned loudly, remembering the events from yesterday. My head was throbbing and I was experiencing my first ever hangover. And hopefully the last, though something told me that won't happen. I lay on my side and closed my eyes, trying to block out the world around me.

The curtains of my four-poster bed were drawn and Marlene sat on my bed. "So..." She started. "Do you want me to plan your's and Remus' wedding considering you proposed to him yesterday?" I groaned silently and pulled my blanket over me.

"I did not propose to him-"

"Saying 'will you marry me?' is proposing." Alice called out from her bed beside me.

"I asked him out!" I  defended. "And I was drunk."

"Very drunk." Lily said innocently. Alice and Marlene laughed.

"You and Remus huh..." Marlene muttered and smiled. "I can see that. A book lover falling for a book lover."

"You forgot about the chocolate." Alice stated, pulling the blanket off me. I groaned and buried my face about the pillow.

"Anyway, you might want to get changed," Lily interrupted. "We have classes today."

"Um... I can't go to class today." I stated. "I'm... sick."

"Having a hangover is not being sick."

"It is!"

"Besides, Remus will be there." Marlene said in a sing song voice.

"And so will James and Sirius, I'm not going."

"Come on! Your hangover can't be that bad!" I glared at Lily as my head started throbbing again. She sighed with defeat. 

'"I am not going."

"I'll get you chocolate."

I looked up and raised an eyebrow at Lily. "And?"

"I'll get you chocolate and... another bookmark." Lily stated and crossed her arms. I thought for a minute.

"Fine." I groaned  and sat up. Lily grinned with triumph and threw my school robes at me before walked to her trunk to get her stuff. I sighed and walked to the bathroom to get changed.

I walked with the girls into the Great Hall and to the Gryffindor Table. I spotted Remus and he waved at me. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hi.... girlfriend." Remus said as I sat beside him.

"Hi, boyfriend." I replied and poured some water in my cup since my head was still hurting. The Marauders narrowed their eyes at us.

"Hi 'friend'." Sirius said, using quotation marks. 

"Hi idiot." I said simply and started eating. Sirius huffed and mumbled something I couldn't quite hear under his breath before continuing to eat. 

"So... Fall about yesterday-" James started. I looked up and glared at him slightly before drinking some water.

"Now that you're dating Moony, we need to go through some rules." Peter stated.

"What?" Remus questioned, setting his fork down. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um... hang on, really quickly. Evans!" James exclaimed to Lily who sat beside me.

"No." Lily said immediately. 

He frowned. "I was actually going to ask if you could help me with Potions tonight... considering you're my partner and all."

Lily blinked a few times, as if she was processing what she had just heard. "Oh..." She turned red with embarrassment. "Sure-"