Ziall: AMA's.

~Zayn and the boys of One Direction haven't spoken in months, so when Niall congratulates Zayn on winning an award, Zayn realizes how much he has missed his ex-bandmate and ex-boyfriend.~

It had been exactly six months since Zayn and Niall had spoken for the last time. After Zayn's departure and their break-up, they both tried to keep in touch with each other, even as friends, but it didn't work. They decided to break things off and just like that, they were just acquaintances. Sure, Zayn had congratulated Niall on his new single 'This Town', after being pressured by his father to do so, but that was it.

When Niall found out that they were both nominated for the Best New Artist Award, he had a mental breakdown. He had missed Zayn so much and he didn't give a damn about winning the award. The only thing going through his mind was seeing Zayn again. After so long. The boys encouraged him to go to the awards and see what would happen, they even told him to talk to Zayn. He disagreed with them, saying how Zayn didn't care anymore.

Eventually, he was convinced to go. He was really excited about performing his new song, that he had almost forgotten about Zayn being there. Almost. After passing the red carpet and finding his seat, he pulled out his phone and checked if Louis had replied to him, but no, he hadn't. Louis was mad at Zayn for still not talking to him and even though he had agreed with the boys to let Niall talk to Zayn, he also told Niall to be extra careful.

In a short interview before the show, Niall had told the press the truth. That he hadn't spoken to Zayn in months and that he was excited to see him. He would love to just grab Zayn and kiss the living shit out of him, but that wouldn't be right. Or acceptable.

I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard

And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now

As if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

And I know that it's wrong
That I can't move on
But there's something about you

When on stage, he sung his heart out, because he wanted to be the best. Especially for Zayn. He wanted Zayn to be proud of him, even if there was nothing left between the two of them. When he finished, he spotted Zayn clapping along with the audience. Even though it made him extremely happy, he still was nervous about meeting him again. If that eventually happened.

Jealousy.

That's what he felt when Zayn's name was called. Not because his ex had won the award, but because the girl on stage called him 'Zaddy Zayn'. He hated other people calling his ex boyfriend with names other than his own.