Niam: Youtube

short one shot where Niall comes home late and tired and Liam's idea doesn't go as planned. Or does it?

Days like this, made Liam wonder if he and Niall could ever become a couple. They had been roommates for almost four years and Liam had fallen in love with the Irish lad a month after he had moved in.

Their first meeting was planned by their mutual friend, Louis, who thought it would be a good idea for Niall to find a cool roommate instead of renting an apartment on his own. You see, when his father kicked him out because of his sexuality, he had nowhere to go and he decided to leave Ireland for good and come to London, where his friend, Louis, could possibly let him stay with him. Louis wasn't able to do that, so he introduced Niall to Liam and the latter was pretty happy and excited to let Niall stay for as long as he wanted to.

After a few months, they became the best of friends. They knew each other like the back of their hands and they would take a bullet for one another. They were inseparable.

That was, until Niall started posting videos on youtube. He began as a singer, but a few weeks later, he even made a gaming channel. In less than two years, both of his channels had reached two hundred thousands subscribers each. Liam had helped him through everything and had been supporting him since his first video.

The past year, though, Niall kept getting busier and more tired than ever. Collaborations were a thing now and a record company had offered him a contract. He had accepted of course and his debut album would be coming out in three weeks.

Liam was truly happy for his best friend. Even though, he only saw him for only less than an hour a day, he wouldn't trade that for anything. He was proud and although he missed Niall like hell, he wouldn't say a thing.

His feelings, though, were in the way. His heart was breaking since Niall had been getting more and more attention from boys and girls. He couldn't confess, because he knew Niall wasn't reciprocating his feelings, but the more he would get jealous of people approaching and the more he missed Niall, the more he wanted to talk to the blue eyed lad about it.

He was planning on doing it today. But luck wasn't on his side. Niall had texted him that he would be late again. He had been in the studio, recording and writing songs all day and Liam was almost going crazy from frustration. He had only seen Niall for a few hours this week and it was driving him insane. His plan was to make Niall a nice home cooked dinner, wait for him to shower and then tell him the truth.

He wanted to bang his head against the nearest wall, but he knew he had to stay calm and keep Niall awake for as long as he could. To him, it was now or never. He had finally gained the confidence to reveal what he truly felt about the blonde and he couldn't back out. It was either telling him tonight or forget he ever loved Niall.

He didn't think about Niall being in love with him too. He was sure he wasn't. But he had to pull it off his chest. He couldn't stand it. At least, if Niall knew, he probably wouldn't be so open and flirting with anyone in front of Liam. It was selfish of Liam, and he knew that, but he hated when people got the attention he was craving to get from Niall for years.

It was past midnight when he heard Niall unlock the front door and getting into the house. He rushed to greet the boy who had his heart flatter every time he saw him and he was met with an exhausted Niall, ready to fall asleep on his feet. He still looked breathtaking for the older lad though.

"Hey, Li." Niall greeted him, his voice hoarse and his smile almost there.

"Hey." Liam smiled back, before speaking again. "Have you eaten? I made dinner. I can warm it up for you."