Narry: Work (Mpreg)

Prompt from dms: Harry is way too caught up with work to even notice Niall has been trying to tell him something

Harry had always been workaholic. His job as a nutritionist had surely taken all of his time and his part-time seminars were also an obstacle to keep his personal life as high as his work. On top of that, Niall was used to having him around all the time during high school and university, that it seemed way too difficult to deal with his husband's working schedule.

It had been a year and a half since they both graduated with higher diplomas -Harry in Applied Nutrition and Sports Studies and Niall in Hotel and Tourism Management- and just about eight months since they finally tied the knot. They had been together since senior year in high school and that counted six years and a half of dating.

Except for casual little problems and arguments between them, everything seemed to had worked out well. Until Harry opened his own office. Sure, Niall had a job too at the Divani Caravel Hotel just outside the town, but his working hours left plenty of time to get back home and do some activities.

On his own, at least.

His husband was way too caught up with work, not that he needed to, and a month after their honeymoon he decided to start organizing seminars for postgraduate nutritionists. It drove Niall crazy how they both left the house at eight in the morning and even though Niall was home at five in the afternoon, the earliest Harry had arrived was probably between nine or ten in the evening. And it was completely understandable that he had no energy for activities or just cuddle with his man.

The blonde lad had tried talking to his loved one numerous times, but in the end it turned to bite him in the butt. Harry had told him that he needed someone who supported him throughout everything.

He was right, and Niall was definitely supportive, but the past two months had been a living hell for him and Harry knew nothing because of well... working. Niall had enough of being supportive because now he needed support more than anyone.

He had started noticing the symptoms and tried to ignore them for so long, but eventually he made an appointment with his doctor and voila, he pregnant. He attempted telling Harry too many times to be able to count them and he had reached his fourth month mark without anyone, not even his own husband being aware of that.

He was going crazy. He had to talk to someone, but his family was in Ireland and he didn't want to do it through the phone, so the only person who was as close to him as his family was Gemma, Harry's sister. That's how the next day he took a day off from work and went to visit her. Gemma was currently living her best life, travelling around the globe for a living with her husband and her eight year old princess.

"Oh, hey Niall! It's been so long!" She shouted as soon as she saw her brother in law at her doorstep. Thankfully her husband had taken their daughter to the park so they had some time alone to talk.

"Yeah, we missed you, Gem." He hugged her and they got inside. Gemma made some tea and offered him some cookies, before she noticed the concern on his face.

She sat down beside him on the couch and placed a comforting hand on his thigh, "Okay, speak. What happened?"

Niall let out a shaky breath, "You weren't supposed to find out like that, but I had to. You are the only one who is close and can listen to me."

"You are scaring me, Niall. What about Harry?"

"Harry is well..." Niall wiped his eye with his hand before the tear that escaped his eye managed to fall down his cheek. "He is at work."

Gemma nodded sympathetically, "I know it's taken all of his time, but we have talked about this before. He is an asshole." She smiled, "What does that have to do with you being so sad and shaking?"