prologue

"Heeeeyy.....wait for me Jack!" A girl, about nine, was panting, trying to reach the boy ahead of her. "You are such a potato Jenny. You cant even climb this small hill. Yet you say you were a hiker." The boy waited for her, watching as the girl struggled to climb. "I even helped you with the basket..."the boy didnt finish the statement, and just shook his head in resignation. The girl finally caught up with him, and together continued walking in silence. Finally...reaching the top of the hill....the girl stood in awe. "Jack....this is so beautiful...." Jack just grinned at her, while laying a blanket which was in the basket. "I told you so, its so beautiful up here. If only you'd walk from time to time, then you would see all the pretty sights." Jenny and Jack then sat at the blanket, admiring the sight. The blue sky above them, green lustrous grass below them, and flowers of all colours grew and bloomed around them. It was spring time, and creatures around them hopped in joy. Birds were singing lovely songs, and butterflies moved from flower to flower for the sweet nectar. Both kids lay down on the blanket, facing the sky and the birch trees above. "I love it here with you Jack..." the girl whispered. Jack just grunted in response. "I wish...."she started again. "You wish?"the boy asked. The girl turned to him, her elbow proped to the ground, and her palm supporting her right cheek. "I wish we'd get married in the future." She looked so serious. Jack turned his head to her, and let out a chuckle. "So what made you think that way?" The girl turned red. Blushing, she said,"its because i like you." Jack sat up and let a roar of laughter,until tears run in his face. Sulkingly,Jenny sat up and retorted,"whats so funny then?"  Trying to gain control, Jack answered, "you are Jenny. Children dont fall in love,and besides, you are just a little girl. You can be changing your mind next time." Jenny folded her hands on her chest, and turned away. "Heey, dont be mad. Im just kidding. So what did you pack today?" Jenny brightned, and started unpacking  the basket. Smelling the goodies they had unpacked, they forgot their earlier spat. After the eating (:-) ) They both lay down again, now holding hands. "You know what Jack, i wish we'd be like this for ever..."