chapter 2- suprise

She found her father waiting just outside his limo. "You kept me waiting Jenny." Jenny just smiled at him, and answered, "well....it was worth it, being late just to try to annoy you." Mr. Mason just chuckled to himself silently. His driver opened the passenger seat for him and back seat for Jenny. She slid inside and sat on the plush soft leather of the seat. A soap opera, her dad's favorite, was playing softly, and together with the soft seat was making her feel very sleepy. In a few minutes, she had drifted to a deep sleep.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

She was awoken by a tap on her shoulder by her father. Looking outside, she saw the mansion of a house. They were here. She lazily got out, stretching her arms above her head. She felt sooo tired. What she wanted now was a quiet dinner followed immediately by sleep. Walking towards the front door, she noticed the curtains were down, and there was no light in the window. "Dad....why is it so quiet? I thought you said there was a family dinner?" Her dad shrugged, and said,"let's have a look then. Maybe they have forgotten." They proceeded and opened the door. It was so quiet and dark. Jenny turned and searched for the switch. Switching it on..."Suprise!!!" A range of voices chorused. Infront of her was her family, her young sister Ruby, her cousins and even her best friend Liebee. They were wearing ridiculous hats and the room had a large banner saying,'Happy birthday Jenny'. Turning to her father, he was wearing a grin. "Dad, you are in this too?"she asked accusingly. Her dad shrugged, then answered, "You forgot your own birthday!! And we wanted to remind you. Come on...lets go and cut the cake." The crowd parted, to reveal a large cake decorated with strawberries, Jenny's favorite. "Jenny, make a wish and blow the candle!!"someone shouted. She sighed, and did what she was told.

******************

Later on, she left the party going and went to sit outside in the garden. The music was playing and she could hear laughter from inside. She had her drink and sipped from it. She was tired, but she couldn't close her mind. Events like this one reminded her of what she always tried to close out. Her pain and the love.... "There you are!! I was looking all over for you!!" Jenny's thoughts were interupted by a shrill voice. Turning, she found her sister Ruby. She turned away to hastily remove the tears that were trying to form. Ruby went to sit with her. "Are you okey?" Ruby asked worriedly. "Im okey Ruby.....i just wish mom was here." Ruby looked at her and said,"me too Jenny." They hugged, remembering their mom. Patting Ruby's back, she thought of what she told Ruby. It was partially true. She did miss her mom, but also someone else who meant alot to her.

*********************

Hulla guyz!! So whatcha think?? Put that in your comments!!
But please dont forget to vote, comment and share!!