chapter 9- the mountain home

Please dont forget to click that star at the bottom of your page and vote....
☆→★
love yaaaahh

      $             $            $             $

After the weekend, they  developed a mutual friendship. They went out together for breaks, and enjoyed each other's company. And between them, the project went on wonderfully. They developed new recipes, established new markets, made new advertisements and brought forth more ideas to develop their catering and restaurants services. And Jack was able to use Jenny's office without Jenny getting mad. So close were they that rumours started to occur in the office. Jenny found this out one morning while talking to Ashley. "Morning Ashley." "Morning Jenny." Jenny stopped to have her morning ritual of coffee. She took a sip. "Uumm....this is nice Ashley. By the way, has Jack arrived yet?" "Not yet ma'am." "Okey. I'll be in my office Ashley." She started to leave for her office, only to be called again. "Can i ask you something Jenny?" Feeling strange, Jenny agreed. "Are you and Mr. Jackson like....uu-mm, an item?"she finished shyly. Jenny rolled her eyes. "No Ashley, we are NOT together. We are just partners. And please stop gossiping false words behind my back." She turned away, annoyed. She went in her office to wait for Jack who arrived ten minutes later. Jack greeted her cheerfully only to be shunned. "What's up J.M??" Jenny raised her head and said cooly,"do you know that people are talking behind our backs that we are together?" Jack just sighed, and said,"is that what has upset you this morning?" Meeting only silence, he continued,"J.M, it doesn't matter what people think about us. Only we know the truth, and thats all that matters. Dont let it get to you." Jenny sighed. Jack had a point. She was freaking for nothing. "And even if it were true, wouldn't it have been nice?" This made Jenny mad again, but in a pretend way as she knew he was only kidding.

      $            $            $            $

Friday arrived, and Jenny was happy to be able to stay at home. Only Jack was less enthusiastic, being quiet since morning. Jenny did all she had to do to cheer him up to no avail. So she took him for coffee after the work hours. Throughout he was quiet. "What's up Jack? Why are you so quiet?" Jack looked at her,debating whether to tell her or not. "You know you can tell me anything. Is it a girl problem? Or someone bullying you?" Jack scowled, then let out a smile when he realized that it was a joke and Jenny was cracking with laughter. When she recollected, she turned serious. "I'm serious Jack, whats up?" Jack sighed. "If i ask you something will you do it for me?" Jenny narrowed her eyes. "What is it Jack?" Jack looked at her, and said," i want to go home in the mountains. For the weekend." Jenny looked at him. "And what am i supposed to do then?" "Will you go with me?" Jenny was shocked. "Jack, i don't think thats a good idea...." Jack cut through. "I know you dont want to go. But i would really appreciate it. I cant face the demons alone. I wish to have friendly support. But i will also understand if you chose not to go." Jenny looked at him. He was sad, with desperation in his eyes. She took his hand on hers. "Okey i will."

       $           $           $           $

"Are you really going Jenny?" Liebee asked as she was packing. "I dont think thats a good idea..."Jenny sighed. "Liebee, i cant turn my back on him. I promised. And besides, nothing is wrong with it. We are just going as friends." Liebee shrugged. "If you say so..." With that she left for the kitchen. Jenny continued packing. Faintly she heard the front door open and then close. She heard footsteps to her room. "Hi big sis!!" Ruby's voice boomed, before she went and bear hugged her sister from the back. Jenny chukled, and answered, "hi to you too." She let her go before gaping,"why are you packing Jenny?" Here we go, Jenny mused to herself. "Im going to the mountains." Ruby narrowed her eyes. "You never go anywhere Jenny, so who convinced you? Is it a guy?" Jenny felt a blush rising,and unfortunately for her, Ruby saw it too. "You are blushing!! So it is a guy. Who is it? Why dont i know about him?? Tell me now and tell me fast!!"she demanded. Jenny sighed. "Im escorting Jack to his home." Ruby frowned. "Jack? Which Jack? I only know one Jack." Jenny sighed. "The one you know Ruby." Ruby's perfect eyes turned wide and round as saucers. "But....but he vanished!! Where did you see him?" Jenny smiled to herself. She had alot of explaining to do.

      $            $          $           $

He picked her up on Saturday on nine in the morning. They sat quietly for the first half of the journey, with music keeping them company. The journey took about three hours. As time went on, they chatted about everything, raising Jack's mood. It was noon when they arrived. The house looked desolate. He gate was starting to rust, and when they reached outside the gate, Jack got out to open it. Inside, the grass had grown tall, with weeds on the once perfectly trimmed lawn. They parked infront of the house. They got out, and Jenny trained her eyes on Jack. He had turned quiet, with an unreadable expression on his face. With shaking hands, he opened the front door. Inside it was dusty, but better than the outside. "It doesn't look bad loke the outside,"Jenny commented thoughtfully. "About three years ago, i paid someone to clean the interior of the house once a month."he answered without looking at her. Jenny turned to him, gaping. "You knew you'd be coming back?" Jack turned to her a few moments, then said,"yes." He looked sad. "Do you know what we are supposed to do now Jack?" Jack turned to her with raised eyebrows. "What?" Jenny gave a triumphant smile. "We need to do a complete cleanover!!"

           $          $           $            $

Two hours later, they sat down, dirty,tired and breathing hard. They had removed the clothes on the furniture, swept the floors, removed the curtains and the cobwebs, and also washed the curtains. Jenny also had scrubbed clean the bathtub and the toilet while Javk dealed with the kitchen. "You know what, you go and take a bath. I'll go and fetch some food for us." Jenny nodded. Half an hour later she was blow drying her hair. She had worn blue cotton shorts with a white blouse. Jack came ten minutes later, ladden with glossaries. "I thought you said you were bringing only lunch!!"said Jenny through strained voice. "Well, i thought we might want to cook." After placing it in the kitchen, Jack left Jenny in charge and went to take a bath. Jenny put all the stuff in the fridge and others in the cupboard. She found a box of pizza with grilled steak. She set the food on plates on the kitchen counter. Ten minutes later they were enjoying a nice meal. They cleaned the dishes together, and then went to finish the bedrooms.

           $          $           $