chapter 8- the beach

As the days continued, Jenny began to realise how competent and dedicated Jack was. He knew what he was doing. And he damn did it good. During that time, Jenny also got time to study him further. Strong jaw, thin pink lips, a straight long nose, and deep brown eyes giving them the longing look of Cadbury chocolate. He was as handsome as ever, maybe even more. And since he came back, he let loose a deep longing inside her, something strong and sweet, something addictive. Jenny knew that she was now in trouble just because he returned.

     *          *           *           *

"Wanna grab a cup of coffee J.M?" It was getting to be a habit. Jenny had no choice but to agree. She wouldn't deny to herself, she enjoyed his company. He was fun, and understanding. Today he sent her to another place. It was a small outdoor cafe, whose shabby appearance suggested old age. It was hard to notice it as it was in corners and places Jenny had never been to. "How do you know this place?" Jenny asked in amazement. A dark cloud passed in Jack's face. He took sometime before answering,"we used to come here with my father." Jenny didn't know what to answer. It has been nearly eight years. She didn't know what happened to his life then. But she decided to do one thing right. Jack's hand was on the table. He was lost in his own world, looking away. Jenny put her hand on top of his. Jack turned to her fast, a look of shock in his face.

     *             *            *             *

Weekend arrived, and they were off to meet the local fisheries. They met on the office, though Jack had offered to pick her up, mainly because Jenny didn't want Jack to know where she lived. Jenny wore a faded blue jeans, with a coffee brown blouse, and ankle-high black boots. She let her hair loose. She looked striking. But she was suprised to see Jack. He had black jeans, and and a dark blue shirt folded at the elbows. She tried hard, and say really hard, not to gape at him open-mouthed, like a teenage girl. The shirt fit him perfectly, showing all his muscles, directly from a girl's fantasy. She cleared her throat. "So can we go now?"

     *         *           *           *

They walked for hours in the local fishery market, looking for places to get the best and freshest crabs, fish, lobsters, shrimps and all other edible creatures from the sea. They passed from stall to stall, sometimes tasting some of the cooked delicacies. They were delicious. At one stall, they even sat and had lunch. The place had a nice view of the sea. Plus the food was extra delicious. As they were eating, Jack said in a low voice,"do you enjoy the food?" Jenny smiled at him, an answer enough. "I'll try to persuade the cook for the recipe. It will do well to the restaurant." After the meal, Jenny excused herself as Jack was persuading the cook. As she was leaving, she heard the cook say,"she is soo beautiful. You are so lucky. Dont let her go." She waited and slowed long enough to hear Jack's reply. "Yes, i'm so lucky. And i'm never going to let her go."

       *           *             *            *

Six hours later they were leaving. "Tired?" Jack asked. "Very. But i sure did enjoy myself." Jack was driving, looking ahead. Suddenly he said,"there's somewhere i want to show you." She remained quiet, just looking ahead. He sent her to the beach. Jenny's heart jumped. It was the spot they used to love. He parked the car, and they got out. They walked, and Jenny was suprised when Jack took her hand and linked it with his own, but she said nothing. After sometime they sat down, and Jenny sat drawing her knees up and resting her chin on them. Jack sat crossing his legs, and was throwing stones towards the water. They sat this way, for nearly half an hour, everyone lost in their own world, before Jack broke the silence. "Did you come here often after i left?" Jenny shook her head. She never felt the need to come here alone, or without him, she wanted to say. She had dozens of questions she wanted to ask him, but didn't know where to start. And she waited for him to tell her. "I was in France." He said suddenly. "All that time i was away, i was in Paris, France." Jenny didn't know what to answer or how to react. She had made various answers and places where he was, even hell when she was mad. "I went with mother." He shifted his position and moved closer to her. "Sometimes i'd sit at night, thinking of this place. Of you. I missed you alot." He turned to her. His eyes carried so much honesty Jenny felt like crying. And so when he leaned, his eyes trained on her eyes, his lips level with hers, she didn't shrink back. She closed her eyes and let herself relax and accept the kiss she had desperately been waiting for.

        *          *          *            *

Hello there!!
I know its a short chapter, but i think i wanted it to end there. Sorry for those long chapter lovers....
So, whatchhaa think, will it work? Has Jenny finally accepted him??
Please dont forget,
Vote
Comment
Share

The Manager's Crushजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें