Chapter 5: Stay in bed all day

As I woke up the next morning thoughts of Justin run through my head but are quickly cut off by my mother being in the hospital. As my thoughts go by, I'm on the verge of tears. I tried to hide under my covers all day, but it was no use, consoler by consoler tried to cheer me up and get me out of bed. Even some of the older girls tried.

***

At about noon I hear footsteps walk into my cabin once again. As I turn my head to see who it was I turned away and hid a little deeper under my covers.
"Come on Jamie, get out of bed" Justin says.
"I'm my own person, I don't need your pitty Justin" I say getting louder at every word.
Then there was silence, I turned to look at him but he was gone. A small wave of guilt came over me but I knew it was for the best. As time passed I was getting hungrier and hungrier by the minute and was beyond relief when I saw the door open. As Justin walks in he shoves a tray of food on my lap and says.
"I didn't know you felt that way." And walks away. What is he even talking about. Thinking this I just dug into my food.

***

As the door opened once again that day I see Mr. Holte with Grace and Justin not far behind walk in.
"JAMIE! GET OUT OF BED OR YOU'RE FIRED!" he yells.
Deep down I could tell he was bluffing, so I just turned my head back and went deeper into my covers.
"Well that's all I got " he says. I could sense Grace rolling her eyes at him.

Grace then came over and sat at the edge of my bed.
" Come on Jamie, get out of bed" she pleaded
"We've know each other on the first day of camp, not as consolers but as kids" she continued
"Remember that one time at camp where that consolers named Lilly did not come out of her cabin, remember how sad all of us were"
"Yea so" I replied bitterly. I know that sound harsh but still.
"So that's what you're doing, think about it" she whispered then left. I thought about it for a minute and then thought. Nope!
" Jamie i'll say this once and once only, think about what Grace said, think about the children. We will take you to see your mom, we will do anything, Jamie we are trying to help not give stupid pity." Justin says.
I watched him as he let out a frustrated breath, shook his head, said something under his breath I didn't catch and he  just turns around and walks out the door but I stopped him before he could step foot out the door.

"Wait!"

--------

Hope you liked this chapter, more to come soon!

P.S. I didn't know how to use wattpad at first so thats why chapter 1,2 & 3 look like that.

Please comment and vote, I really would like to see your thoughts on this story.

Fran and Ella