Chapter 6: The basketball incident

"Justin where are you taking me!" I whined blind folded. Now the best way that Justin could get me out of bed was bribing me with Candy and yes I do give in easily when it comes to sugar. So yes here I am blind folded and only God knows where.

"Don't take the blind fold off, we are almost there" he assures me.

"Okay just a few more steps and were........here!" he says as I rolled my eyes. But do to the blind fold he didn't see it.

"Take the blind fold off." As he hepls me untie the blind fold, I could just makeout the basket ball courts.

"What are we doing here" I ask. I may love playing basketball but right now I wasn't in the mood.

"I hear you needed to be taught some moves" he replies smirking a very annoying cocky smirk.

"So here I'am." He finishes to confidently.

"I don't need your help, I can beat you by a landslide." I say checking my nails to seem unaffected.

"Oh really" he says throwing the basketball at my feet.

"Really" I say throwing the ball and getting a basket. As I turn and start to walk off he chuckles and yells.
"Ooh! So scary" And gets the ball in the basket. As I try to ignore him he yells back to me.

"I challenge you to play one game with me?" I keep walking until he says.

"OR ARE YOU TO CHICKEN!" I kept trying to ignore him but that one line always gets me every time. No one calls me chicken. First he says he'll try to cheer me up and now he's calling me chicken, what's wrong with him!

"Bock Bock" he continues.

"You know what!" I turned around to face him, my face red with anger.

"Bring it on!"

"Okay first to 50 wins" says Justin. "Yeah yeah I know how to play, come on let's go, you start with the ball" I say annoyed as I tossed the ball in his direction.

***

As time passed we were on our third game. I was clearly going to win, me scoring 22 points and Jusin scoring 22 as well.

"HA HA HA, and that's another point for me which is now 24" I say giggling at Justin because he was losing to a girl. I told you no one and I mean no one can beat the great Jamie Parks!
"HA HA HA, very funny, you know just to be clear, I'm not even trying if you haven't notice, but if I were I'd be kicking your butt right now" he says embarrassed.

"Oh okay yea sure, what ever you say" I say smiling and giggling at him. "What? It's true!" he says in a whinny voice.

"Okay, what ever makes you sleep at night." I say still giggling at him.

"Okay, just clear the ball" I say looking at him with a smile across my face.

As he clears the ball, I got ready to beat the crap out of him. He started coming closer to me and the net, then I ran at him trying to get the ball, but I accidentally tripped him, making him fall on his face. Trying not to laughed I crouched down beside him.

"OMG JUSTIN I'M SO SORRY OMG, ARE YOU OKAY!" I screamed at him.

"Yeah, I'm good, don't worry about it, let's just keep playing." he says smiling up at me while I grabbed his hand to pull him off of the ground. Still trying to contain my laughter. But my laughter was was cut short when I notice we were touching. Hand to hand contain. Man Jamie get a grip.

As he got up I tought that he would remove his hand from mine but he didn't. We stood there both looking into each others eyes. OH GOD!
His eyes were just amazing, it was like I was lost in outterspace. But I snapped back to reality when Justin said

"Umm, let's finish that game" as he removed his warm smooth hand from my hand, now mine feeling lonely. Jeez what's happening to me.

"Oh, yea right, let's play" I say rambling and blushing.

"Okay Jamie you can start this time" he says kind if scared of what had just happened.

"Okay sure" I say with a half smile. Wow nice going Jamie! Shut up conscience.

As I cleared the ball with Justin following behind. I started to dribbling the ball towards the net. The next thing I knew I was lifted off the ground, I turned my head to see Justin grabbing my waist stopping me from getting to the net to score. The ball instantly out of my reach as it falls to the ground and Justin spins me around not letting go of my waist.

"JUSTIN!" I squeal laughing as he's spinning me.

"What" he says with a grin on his face.

"Put me down I need to score a point so I can beat you" I say still laughing.

"No way you're not beating me"he says putting me down and running after the ball.

"Justin, not fair!" I say as he grabs the ball and scores, making it 24 to 24. SHOOT! we are still tied.

"What do you mean? That was totally fair" he says smiling a goofy smile.

"No it's not fair, you lifted me up, making me drop the ball and going after it once you put me down" I say, even though I was mad at him, I was still smiling, I attempted to make a puppy dog face. I think it worked because he grabbed the ball and he came towards me to give me a hug. When he was an inch away from me, I hit the ball and it went flying out of his hands. I started to dribble the ball to the net and then scoring now making it 26 to 24.

"What?!?" he says confused.

"What?that was totally fair" I say giggling and mocking him. We both just stood there for about 1 minute laughing.

About half an hour later the score was tied 48 to 48. I needed to beat Justin so badly. I know it sounds mean but if you haven't noticed I'm pretty competitive.

"Okay Jamie, clear the ball" he says. As I go to clear the ball my phone rings. I look at it to see that my dad is calling. I answer it while dribbling the ball. What I need to keep up my game if I wanted to win.

"Hey dad" I say walking towards the net.

"Hey sweetheart, I have good news" he says. Finally some good news after this god awful day.

"Really what is it" I say tossing the ball to the net, clutching my phone between my ear and shoulder.

"It's your mom, she's feeling better, they are letting her out tomorrow" he tells me.

"Really that's gre-" before I could finish, the ball that I had tossed at the net it came back and hit me square in the  head. When it hit me I fell into someones muscular arms....

------------

More to come, let me know what you thought on this chapter.

Fran and Ella