{3}Food Fight

As Grace, Nick and Joseph run into the kitchen to clean up Kate, Justin and I were left alone...with the kids of course.

'Great' I thought.

"So, Jamie right?" he said coming close to me with a smirk on his face. I glared up at him, I didn't want to associate with someone like him. People like him, first of all didn't associate with people like me and secondly they were just spoiled brats who had mommy and daddy pay for everything. I didn't feel like opening my mouth so I nodded my head at him in response. His smirk only grew, which caused me to roll my eyes at him. I quickly turned around to ignore his presence and tried my best to disregard his smirk that was burning a hole into the side of my face. I already knew that this summer was going to be crazy and interesting. My plan was simple, I was to try and stay far away from Justin as much as I could. So far that wasn't working.

***

After the whole Kate incident, everything was cleaned up and we were aloud into the kitchen to start are first activity of the day. The whole time we were waiting thought, Justin kept sending smirks my way but I just glared back at his annoying antics. I pretended to look at my clip board and count to make sure all the kids were here. He was seriously the most infuriating person on this planet.

"Okay kids go to your assigned tables and a team member will be right with you to help out," I instructed the kids. I walked over to my table so that I could help out my team and start creating the cupcakes we were suppose to be baking today. But of course, luck wasn't on my side today and Justin was placed at my table as well. His smirk never faltered. I simple sighed and helped one of the kids stir the wet ingredients into a bowl.

We sat there side by side the whole time not saying a thing as we started mixing the wet and dry ingredients together for the cupcake. I instructed each child at my table to start mixing one by one, while Justin sat there looking bored. God, can't this guy have some respect or fun with the kids! He's not even talking with any of the kids. As if on cue, he turned towards me.

"So....do you like cupcakes" he asked with a goofy smile. I raised an eyebrow at him and looked at him like he was some sort of dumb June bug.

'God, he's so weird'

"Umm... they're cupcakes, so I guess," I say finally a bit weirded out. I send him a duh look. Why does he have to bother me why can't he bother Grace or even the guys. Hell what about the kids he should be with them. I turned back to the batter that was now placed in front of me from a boy named, Tiller, who had finished mixing all the ingredients together.

"Alright let's get this mix into the cupcake tin and into the oven!" I told the kids. I handed the batter to Rosa, so she could go first and pass it on to the following kid. "Alright let's get started. I'll be right back, I'm just going to get another cupcake tray just incase we have extras. Rosa please make sure no one spills anything on the floor." The little girl nodded her head in understandment. I left Justin in his seat so he could watch them while I was gone but of course as I go to leave to go grab the tray he jumps off his chair, "I'm coming too." I shook my head and left him with nothing.

"So what's your favourite cupcake?"he says coming up beside me with a smile on his face.

'Okay this kid is just out of the ordinary weird and he needs to leave me alone.' I though

"Definitely not the ones you like," I countered trying to hide a smile from my clever word play.

"Jeez, don't got to be so har-" he was then cut off by Grace telling the kid to leave there cupcakes to bake and to go outside to play dodge ball. I quickly walked back to table with a tray and saw that most of the batter was in the other two trays. "Alright I'll put these in the oven you kids go on and play. " I told them, they all got up and ran for the door. When the kids and the other consolers left, Justin and I were left alone. Once again. I grabbed both of the trays with cupcake batter and shoved them into the oven. All the while Justin sat there looking bored, as always.

"You could help you know." I tell him. He just shrugs his shoulders. "And also I'm not a harsh person, Mr.Rednose" I say getting the icing.

"What?" he says touching his nose like an idiot. Oh I'm way too clever.

TRASH! In one second I made him look like Rudolf with my favourite flavour of icing. Take that imbecile.

"Hey," he whined, "what was that for!" he reached for the batter and dumped it on me.

"YOU RUINED MY TROOP SHIRT!!... That's it bring it on pretty boy!" I say grabbing a handful of sprinkles and chucking it at him, but he countered it with a clump of icing. Before we knew it we made a mess in the kitchen, no, make that a disaster in the kitchen! Then walked in the camp owner. Oh crap! How could I be so stupid. I should've just walked out when I finished putting the cupcakes in the oven.

"Jamie! I'd expect more from you young lady! In my office NOW both of you!" I turned around and glared at Justin, but of course he was sitting their looking like he owned the whole goddamn place. In all my years of counselling I have never gotten into any kind of trouble.

***

In the office I was terrified, I had never been in trouble before and he was giving me the longest speech Ive ever heard. Justin and I didn't say a thing the whole time being in the office.

"You two have to go back to the kitchen and clean the mess you made up, I want it spotless. Once you guys are done you must stay in your cabin for the rest of the afternoon." Mr. Holt the camp owner instructed afterwards. We both nodded.

"You may leave now" he said leading us to the door.

And with that we left.

***

As I wiped the sweat off my forehead it just reminded me of how much I hated Justin right now. I was so angry, no that would be an understatement. I was furious. The whole time we cleaned, Justin tried to make conversation but my glares only shut him up. I was mad that I got into trouble for the first time and it was all because of some dumb super star who couldn't and wouldn't leave me alone.

After cleaning up the kitchen which took us about an hour we headed back to our cabins as Mr.Holt instructed.

When I entered my cabin I noticed that I had a miss called from my dad. He was probably at work but I called anyways. It's been so long since I've seen or talked to my him.

"Hey dad, sorry I missed your call earlier I was busy." I say taking a seat on a chair across from my bed.

"Hey don't worry sweetheart I know what it feels like to always work. So tell me, how's camp this year? Who is this years celebrity guest?" he asked in a girly voice. I laughed but rolling my eyes I said,

"Justin Bieber, OMG dad you don't even know he's such a troublemaker, ugh, I hate him so much."

"Just don't go falling in love with him." he said in a jokingly tone. I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"Gosh no dad, I can't even stand him." I say as shivers ran down my spine.

"That's my girl, I've got to go soon, but before I go I need to talk to you about something very serious." he said his tone changing from jokingly to serious

"Yea, what's up" I ask fiddling with my fingers. whenever my dad talked about something serious, I always got nervous and fidgety.

"It's your mother, before you left for camp a week ago we didn't say anything but she was sick. Last night something happened and we had to bring her to the umm...hosp-"

Before I could let him finish I dropped my phone and ran out of my cabin and into the forest nearby, screaming,crying and feeling lost.