chapter 8- her

*******
Belied and betrayed she lays and weeps,
As in his bed easily he sleeps,
To be untrue is of what she is accused,
His mistrust has left her now cold heart bruised.
Refusing food, refusing rest,
Slowly the heart dies beneath her breast,
Scorned by the man to whom she belongs,
Slandered in the words of his hateful songs.
Grief beyond that of a thousand dead soldiers' brides,
She mourns for the love he now deprives,
Wronged, to have been accused of such,
The jealousy of another with no hand to clutch.
Late in the night a scene was staged,
Which sent the young lover into a boiling rage,
And thusly so he assumed untrue,
The beautiful flower to whom he bid adieu.
Too late, the jealousy revealed,
That which to the lovers was concealed,
Not soon enough they discovered the scoundrel's lies.
As the fair maiden slowly dies.
Falling to his knees at her bed he weeps,
As his wrongly accused love eternally sleeps,
Laying the innocent beauty whom died by the words of a nave,
He buried his love in a deep, deep grave.
And upon the headstone let it be drawn,
About this beauty too early gone,
"Taken away though life had just begun
The betrayals of a lover never to be undone."

By Raeven Nevermore

********

Faith POV:-
I thought that everything was going to be fine when he brought me here from the strip house. I thought things were going to change. Everything was going to be fine. Things indeed it got changed but not in a fine manner instead of in worse. I was living each and every second in fear. She was right I thought. She was always right about me and him. I should have sensed her feelings when she said it's just an attraction for him. I was definitely falling for a wrong guy my mind said at that time but I didn't listen. Now I lost her and my future. Though I was happy with the murder that happened. Karma served him the same way.

I was standing in my balcony looking at the sky thinking about the past, the future about her. I was calculating the wrong thing I did in the past because of which the karma is giving me this day. And the only wrong thing I did was never listing to her, falling for Adolfo and living her that day alone. My chain of thoughts was broken by a loud knock on the door I jumped in fear. But I still went into the room and stood in looking at the door there was again a knock. If it was Adolfo, he would have barged in so I went forward and opened the door. It was Max, he was looking at me and then started looking down and said "may I come in"
I moved in leaving the door open and went out again in the balcony. I could feel his presence behind me.

"Faith I'm sorry for what happened to you," he said his voice sounded sad.

"Where were you for so many days? I thought you were supposed to protect me" I said my tone sounded rude for sure.

"I know I was supposed to protect you but I can't in front of him or go against him. I don't have that much power in my hand to save you directly from his abuse." He said.

"Then who can protect me?" I said.

"You. You have to protect yourself I don't know how but for now only you can do that. I told you before it's going to be worse and this is just the beginning" he said in warning.
I turned back and faced him.