Chapter 17:- Masquerade 1

******
Lay all your cards out on the table,
Show me your hidden hand;
The time for tricks is over,
Let me know just where you stand

Life was just a game before,
A meaningless charade;
But now there's risk and pain involved,
The stakes have all been raised

The time for tricks and lies is up;
Let those hidden truths reveal
The secrets, lies, and mysteries
You tried so hard to conceal

You pretended to be innocent
Throughout those grueling days,
Now I know there are things beyond
That you didn't wish to say

An image isn't good enough
To win this timeless game;
The person that you truly are
Is more than just a name

So let me see what truly lies
Beneath your masquerade;
If things are left repressed too long
They all begin to fade

All those things you keep inside
Reveal to one you call your friend
Getting rid of those dividing walls
Makes life much simpler in the end

By Erini Katopodis

******

Valak POV:-
I was breathing heavily. My heart was pounding fast. I place my hand on my heart it was beating fast. I was confused. I looked around. I was somewhere deep in the woods in my jeans and a white shirt. I heard the cracking of dry leaves behind me. I turned back to see someone running in a white dress. I ran behind that person. What was I doing here? I needed to know where I was who was she. I was getting close. It was a girl with brown hair holding her white dress and running. I screamed at her to stop. But she still kept running.

I was more close to her. I would hear her voice and breathing. Sounded like she was in pain. I didn't waste my time running. I grabbed her wrist and stopped her. I made her face towards me. She slowly started turning back. My curiosity level raised high. I was stumped and in shock seeing her.

"Faith" I called her.

She slowly looked up straight at me. Her blue eyes were filled with tears. I looked down. She was wearing a white full-length dress. But the horrifying thing was there was blood everywhere. She brought her hands up. I looked at her hands. It was covered in blood. Was she hurt ?.

She was filled and covered in blood.
I went closer to her to touch her and ask her if she was okay, but before I could touch. There was a bright light that flashed on my face. I closed my eyes and placed my hand in front of my face to cover the brightness.

I removed my hand and opened my eyes just to see the ceiling of my room.

I got up from my bed and saw myself in the mirror. I was topless my whole body was wet in sweat. My locket was also covered in my sweat drops. I took my locket in my hands and kissed it.

This locket was the only proof that says who I was.

Faith POV:-
I was sittings in front of my dressing table thinking about what to do with my hair's. Just then I heard a knock on my door. I got up to open it.