chapter 9- Lost her 1

********
Do you know what it feels like to be left behind?
Losing everyone around you in such little time.

I try not to worry since they're left in the past,
But it's hard going through life knowing nothing ever lasts.

It's hard to hide behind this frown,
When on the inside you're on the verge of a breakdown.

I've lost everyone that meant the world to me.
All I have left of them are these memories.

You have no idea how badly I want them back.
But they've left me in the past which was their plan of attack.

The pain of losing them will never go away.
I'm tired of feeling like this every day.

I feel like I no longer belong.
I fake my happiness to show nothing's wrong.

By Melanie. S

Faith POV:-

I was still in the past recalling those two horrible night's that changed my life. I was zoned out when Max shook me to bring me back in the present.

"Faith, I want to know who is this girl you are talking about; was she your sister?" Said, Max

"Kind of," I said.

"First thing, I really want to know about your past. I won't force you. And second, If you're going to tell me then tell me only if you trust me." said Max

I felt like opening myself up now. I have been bearing this past for five years. I felt like opening up to Max would make me feel a little bit of relief. After so long time I'm keeping a trust. So I nodded in response and began my past story.

Five years before

Faith POV:-

"Mommy! Where are my books? I need to pack them then only I can pack my other stuff" I screamed from my room.

"It's on the kitchen table babe, last night you were showing Grace something," mommy said in loud from the kitchen.

OH yeah, right, I was showing my five years old sister Grace my new literature books last night. I turned back to go get my books but my sister came running in my room carrying my books in her small hands. She is so adorable. Though she's not my real sister I love her like my own blood. She kept the books on my bed.

"Thank you Grace," I said with love. She was playing with her fingers and she was looking constantly at me, I understood she wanted to tell me something so I got down on my knees to her level. I took her small hands in my hand to stop her twiddling.

"What," I asked her

"Can I come with you, please, I want to be with you." She said in her pleading tone.

"Aww, Grace I wish I could take you with me. But I can't honey. Cause that's the hostel rules honey. But I promise I'll come to see you and once I finish my studies we'll get settle and then even mommy doesn't have to work and you can go to a better school" I said to make her understand the condition of our family. I knew she understood that our life was different and that different was not a good one. She has seen a lot worse side of the world in her small age. I was studying and working hard just so that we can live a better life or a life with some respect. I was moving tomorrow to California for my literature studies thanks to my scholarship. I even loved my Mom but not her occupation. She too made sure I won't become like her but she could only afford one child education expense so I promised myself to get educated and change their living. And make sure Mom doesn't have to sell her body for money. I was living and working hard just for them. My small family was not perfect but I made sure I make it one day. I was doing this just for them.