Chapter 25:- Runaway 2

(Pervious day before Marriage)

Eric Heston POV:-

After talking to Max I was still confused about some things. And talking to Max whom I've met just a few days ago was not comfortable for me. I knew uncle Benin Vermont since I was a small boy. So I thought to give him a call.

After a few rings, the phone was picked. His voice was as usual​ a heavy deep manly voice. I cleared my throat before saying hello but he recognized me before I could say hello.

"Yes, Eric," he said in a commanding voice. His attitude was right according to his age but not the same in front of my father. Since he was an uncle to me and not an under house mafia leader as I was not the leader or a mafia men he had the full right to speak in a dominating voice with me.

"Mr. Benin I hope I'm not disturbing you, I just wanted to talk to you about one small problem," I said.

"What is it?" He replied.

"About tomorrow's​ mission. I have a thought" I said and smirked at my know words and continued.

"I just wanted to ask is this Max or some other capo of yours is going to risk his life by trying to make a deal with Adolfo and then save Faith. I have a feeling this is all not happing for Faith why do I smell a different motive. Because I Know the conversation is pointless with Adolfo he won't just give up his things. I mean I would have done that but as you know my reputation is neat and clean and I want to keep it that way. I can give you my men but I can't give myself. I'll be there if anything goes wrong but I don't want to fall in this mess. I don't want to get seen" I said it in one breath and completed.

"I asked your help just for your men. I'll take care of the rest. But I have a question now, why did you accept to help us without any deal or condition. I know you're just like your father wouldn't make a deal until he gets something in return I'm definitely sure even you have something in your mind" he questioned.

"You're right! I'm like my father. I'll tell you what I want at the right time ." I said it forgetting that I was showing my attitude to him.

"Fine. Tomorrow will be fine. There might be a war so don't forget to wear your bullet vest" he said and gave a small laughed

"Sure sir"

"And Faith's safety is in the right hand" he's tone was careless.

"Is it true she belongs to a legend mafia family" I questioned him

"We'll talk about that later," he said in a stern voice.

"When it's the right time" he continued and answered in the same tone. And ended the call.

Benin POV:-

            "I don't trust that guy"

I turned back to see Valak standing there.

"I do," I said.

"We should have asked Pablo for help instead of his son," said Valak.

"And I hope you know what he would have asked in return. We would have lost all the empire which we have built and also would have revealed your identity"

"I don't care about Personality anymore. Stop making me pussy" he was getting pissed.

"Son, you can do whatever you want once you become the leader of the underworld position. You can reveal yourself at that time. But not now. You and I both know how greedy this world we are living in which can take your life for that throne." I shouted first but then I calmed myself.