Chapter 22:- Knight

"Something happened to me when our relationship died,
Something happened to me right when we said goodbye.
I felt so different, I had no heart.
We had broken up before but I felt this was the end,
The end of ever being loved by him again.
What was I to do?
Without him I am so lost,
I feel that he should be paying the cost.
But he isn't, I am.
I am afraid to love another,
But afraid I should not be,
For I will find another perfect for me."

By © Gabrielle R. Laurenti

Faith POV:-

                         I woke up with a heavy headache. The curtains were open. Usually, I wake up and open them. I saw two tablets of Advil and water. The last thing I remember was I was sitting in the front of the maze gate and fell asleep over there. I remember I hurt my knees too. They were bruised. I pulled my knees up to see them bandaged.

Who must have done that ?.. maybe Max I thought. I got up with strong pain in my chest. Every moment overhear was unbearable. I couldn't breathe properly. The curtains were opened but the balcony doors were closed. It was strange for me too that I was walking towards the balcony doors to open them. I know the first thing I would see was the maze. But I was ready to go through the same feeling again and face it. To make me realize how bad people over here have been to me. I never did anything or killed anyone.

But now I would if I had too. I opened the door. The maze looked more haunted and horrifying. But not enough to let me down.

I kept looking at it being stern. I promised myself at that very moment that I'd do anything to take revenge. Now it's my time to take revenge.

I walked inside the washroom. And took the cell phone out from the cabinet. I switched it on. I don't know what his problem was but right now I could only think about him for help. I also wanted to ask him so many things. But I understood that there was a personal story of his. Which I decided to ignore and only think about myself. I wanted to get out of all this Omerta and mafia mess.

The moment the cell was switched on a message popped up. I clicked on the message to open it.

"I always come before clear light with light,
And, a brilliant sign of sun, which makes things bright,
I have deflected angling through the air.
I love the East, for brilliance starts out where
The lands discern an early glow.
O yielding to God's law was once delightful!
Alas! Proud, I then fell while feeling spiteful,
And so revenge undid a deadly foe,
And thus six friends and I ascend the skies;
Books can reveal them when a reader's wise."

It was a riddle. This must be for his name. But instead of thinking about the riddle. There was something more important. I called him.

After five rings the phone was picked up.

"Hello ?" The voice was different it was heavier then his it sounded like a man in his fifties. I checked if I called the right person.

Yes, it was the right number but the wrong person.

"Hello ?" I replied in a questioning tone.

"I Know I'm not the person you're expecting right now. But your speaking with his master. I Know what has happened. Now you'll listen to me and do as I say okay ?". He demurred.

Max POV:-
                    Everyone was busy in decorating the mansion and house for Faith and Adolfo's marriage. There was a big church in the mansion too. The wedding was going to take place there. I was in church for seeing the preparation of decoration but I couldn't concentrate on it.

It was going to be a big day. If she marries him then it won't be easy to save her.  I was sitting on the second row with my hands joint. Looking at the statue of Jesus. I kept thinking about yesterday and everything from the beginning what had happened with her. She was like a sister to me. I couldn't see her going through so much pain.

I prayed​ for helping her to get out of this mess. I didn't realize that a tear rolled down from my eyes. I bend down my head to hide it. I closed my eyes and tried to stabilize my breath to calm myself down.

Just then a hand was placed on my shoulder. There were no tears now I changed my look in the stern face and raised my head up.  I turned back to see who it was.

The person looked the same age as mine. But I was seeing him over here for the first time. He gave a sudden smile. I stood up to face him up to his level. I was confused. Who is he? Does he know me?.

He was wearing grey Armani suits. His eyes were dark brown. His hairs were styled on point. He looked rich. But I still didn't know who he was. He could see the clear confusion on my face. He smiled again and patted on my shoulder to make me sit down.

"Sit sit let's pray together for Faith," he said.

"Who are you ?" I asked him.

"Faith's Knight in grey Armani" he replied and smirked. He was being all friendly and informal with me. My eyebrows were knotted up.

"The first time I saw Faith was at Adolfo's birthday party, She totally robbed my heart. She one hell of beauty right?....but then later I couldn't digest Adolfo's marriage announcement so I did a deep research about Faith but I couldn't find anything. It was strange. But then someone came up to me to do them a favor. I said yes,  and indeed it was connected to Faith. It looks like she was written in my destiny. I still don't know anything about her. But I want to save her" he ranted being all calm first but then being serious later.

"Who are you" I rasped. He gave me his hands to shake and said with a smile

"Sorry I didn't introduce myself before I'm Eric, Eric Heston" he replied.

******
Don't forget to vote
******

I hope you guys are enjoying. I'm sorry for the late update. But keep support like this and Don't​ forget to share.

And bless with the same love and votes to my another story too.

❤  Knight in shining Armani ❤