Chapter 14 :- Revenge

*****
The bitter taste of resentment
As the dish of revenge grows colder
Waiting, watching, planning
As you get older and older

You stall until the perfect moment
When he will pay for the things he's done
As the time strikes, you pounce
And after all that time you've won

Your patience has finally paid off
His breath no longer taints the air
He's gone from this world forever
It's his own fault that no one cares

Alyssa O
*****

Faith POV:-

               "I ran away when Adolfo was not around. And I ran back hostel. When I reached the gates there were police cars, officers and Hospital van. An officer stopped me from entering in. I asked her what happened. She said a girl has been murdered. I was shocked and scared now. But then I realized that V was the only one in the hostel. My world was collapsing. It was all my fault. I should have never left her alone. I should have stayed with her and away from Agostino."  I was crying. The pain was back the fear was back, the memories.

Max got closer and placed his hands on mine to calm me down. I looked up at him to see moist in his eyes. Why was he crying? I thought.

"It's not your fault Faith. How did you know it was Archer who killed her"  asked Max.

I knew about them know officially and I have to be with them just like I know. But I was not ready to sacrifice my life for this omerta thing. I was already broken. One day suddenly Archer and Adolfo came to my hostel room to force me to join their house. I was still not ready just then Archer confessed his crime. That he, Caden and Cedric raped her and killed her. I was shocked and more then that I was scared. So I accept it to sign it. I was such a coward I should have taken the bullet then this hell"  I said feeling guilty and regretting my decisions.

"What about Vivian's family? You never met them"  asked Max.

"Never. They never showed up. I didn't even get to see her body. Her funeral was not even attended here suddenly everything was disappeared like nothing happened which was a weird feeling for me"  I said. With that same confusion of why didn't I see her family coming to at least ask me about her.

"So your mom and your sister are still alive? " Asked Max

"Yes but Adolfo doesn't know about this and he shouldn't or else he'll use them against me... I mean that's the only weak point I have " I said.

Adolfo POV:-
                     I entered my office and sat on my chair. Caden and Cedric were already waiting for me.

"Where is Max?" I asked.

"Don't know, didn't even see him for breakfast?" said Caden

"I smell something fishy about him,"  said Cedric.

"He's got a better aim and hit then you two,"  I said while looking at the reports of my business. Then again I find the Vermont paper.

"I gave you guys a job," I said and while looking at them. They started looking at each other in confusion. And that pissed me enough to bang my hand on the desk and ask them again.