Chapter 18:- Masquerade 2

"Men is least himself when he talks in a person give him a mask and he will tell you the truth "

By Oscar Wilde

Faith POV:-
                       I was still near the boathouse. In surprised and shock. He came and gone like a like one of those dreams which you know you have seen but you can't remember. How too dump I was that I couldn't recognize him. I had a feeling from the beginning that I knew him and have heard his voice somewhere.

Maybe I was so much lost in my world that I didn't even know my helper or my strength giver was standing beside me.

The temperature was getting cold. I decided to go inside and drink something. It was getting cold outside.

I entered in and again the same thing started. People started whispering. I was near the drinks counter and ordered my drink. A skinny girl in black shinning short skin fitted dress stood beside me.

I looked at her. She was looking at me. I gave a small smile in politeness but her expression was like I killed her puddle. So the next I decided to ignore her. She was wearing a beautiful silver mask which was diamond studded. That must be one expensive mask. The other thing I noticed was she had a beauty spot on the left side above her lips. Her eyes were raven black even her hair.

The drink I order was placed in front of me. I was about
to take it but she took it before me. I was confused, why did she do that. Now don't tell me I killed your brother too. I said it in my mind.

"Ahhah, that was my drink," I said.

"I know," she said in her bitch attitude. She took a sip after sip of my drink. It looks like she was enjoying it.

"It's nice, isn't it. My taste is always good to enjoy it " I said with the same tone she used on me because I know she was purposely being rude. Neither I wanted to entertain her.

"No it's horrible," she said and threw the glass. It made a loud noise of breaking the glass. The glass pieces were shattered on the floor. She was gaining the guests'​ attention.

What was her problem I thought? Why was she doing this? A waiter came forward and started cleaning the mess she made.

She gave me one last look and walked past me.

What a bitch my inner goddess said.

I order for another drink and decided not to give a f**k anymore. I grabbed my drink and turned around to see if I recognize anyone or does anyone from here recognize me.

I took a sip of my drink. I looked everywhere. Most of the people over here were old and people of my age. I didn't see any children or toddlers.

Everything was looking, high class. Everyone was enjoying the party and dancing. I wasn't​ sure if they were enjoying or not. Most of it looked like they were pretending to be happy. There was too much of fakeness happing around her.

I saw Max with his hands back across the hall standing next to Adolfo and his dad. The birthday boy was speaking with an old man who had a weird walking stick. I was curious to see that stick. But what captured my attention other then the stick was Adolfo behavior. He was bowing and speaking with so much respect for that old man.