Chapter 21:- Grief

You were tired, I saw it in your face.
The end was coming at a fast pace.
But how I wanted you to stay...
In time, I came to understand,
your will was not my command.
Life just became too hard for you.
I didn't want to see...but I knew
You had to be where you could fly.
Mom, it's so hard to say good-bye.
You were mine for all those years.
I'll miss you and cry my tears.
But I also know that's okay...
for we'll be together again some day."

By © Phyllis Roberts

Faith POV:-
                         I still kept looking at the closed gates. Imagining what if my Grace comes out and hugs me. It was dark and the moon and stars were out. I heard footsteps behind me. I knew that was Max. I still didn't move.

"Faith, please come inside" he bawled.

I was on my knees. My legs were hurting but I couldn't move. I was numb in pain. It was the pain of losing so much for nothing. My destiny was horrible. But why does it have to drag my friends and family? My eyes were hurting because I couldn't stop my tears.

"Leave me alone" I wailed with all my energy left.

I heard his footsteps walking away. I bend my head down on the grass. I was tired. I laid down on the grass.

I remembered the last moment of my Mom and sister. I felt wetness on my cheeks. I closed my eyes and drifted in darkness. I wanted to go away from everything. And this was the only way.

Max POV:-
                       I walked away without saying a word. What was I suppose to do ?. I couldn't do anything. I was ashamed of myself. That I couldn't protect her. I wanted to ease her pain but there's nothing I could do. I knew Robert was in the CCTV checking upon her move.

I felt like a hard punch in my chest seeing her like that. I kept walking and reached inside the house I kept my head bend down. I walked straight into my room. And closed the door I made sure I locked it. I took my cellphone​ out from the cupboard and switched it on.

There were more than thirty missed calls. He must have been worried. But till now he must have known what must have happened here.

I called him.

At the first ring, the call was picked up.

"Hello Max " the voice sounded heavy and different it wasn't the boss.

"Uncle Benin ?" I tried to confirm it.

"Yes it's me," he said.

"What happened, where is " before I could finish he said.

"Screw him, that bastard only knows how to throw tantrum like girls and bark all the time"

"I didn't get it" I was confused.

"He had a very rough conversation with that poor girl Faith, I'm sure she must be going through a lot of pressure and pain and now she must be feeling all alone," he said.

"What do we do now" I queried.

"I'll handle the things from here. You all boys are stupid and still need to learn how to make a strategy" he grumbled. He sounded pissed off.