Last chapter 27:- Beginning

*****
Body, remember not only how much you were loved
not only the beds you lay on.
but also those desires glowing openly
in eyes that looked at you,
trembling for you in voices-
only some chance obstacle frustrated them.
Now that it's all finally in the past,
it seems almost as if you gave yourself
to those desires too-how they glowed,
remember, in eyes that looked at you,
remember, body, how they trembled for you in those voices.

by Constantine P. Cavafy

*******

Update on Demand of- @wowwy231

Valak POV:-
                         It's been a three week theirs still no information about Faith. She's not dead, I keep saying this to myself. But the possibility of coming out alive is zero. And that's what I have heard my whole life.

My attachment to her would have not existed if I haven't seen her that day. Her existence felt like it was only for me. She was made for me. But it also felt like it was a forbidden attraction that I was having for her. Every day I thank my life for that one day when I saw her for the first time. She was happy with whatever she had.

(Five year's ago)
*Past*

Valak POV:-
                        It was pitch dark night with thunder filled cloud's spread around like a night of horror. It was almost midnight and I kept driving on the empty roads of California like a lost boy but I knew where I had to go. The thundering sound grew louder. I kept passing through some narrow streets.

All of sudden I stumbled and my car stopped. I pressed the key inside to start the engine again but it just kept roaring. I was on an empty road luckily parked aside. I decided to get out and see the fault in my car but before that, I took my gun out and tucked it in my pants securing it's firm with my belt and pulled my white shirt down to hide it.

I got down and pulled the hood of my car up. It realized hot steam the moment I opened it. The engine was too hot to touch and check. I brought the hood down closing it.

I looked around to see the only closed shop's around me. I locked my car up. And decided to walk and look for a mechanic help. After a few blocks, there was a diner named "Papa's belly" which was still opened. It was pretty big.

I entered inside with doorbell ringing. There were hardly any people inside there was a construction site worker enjoying his fries at the counter and an old black couple on the right side table they turn their heads to look at me.

An old man came out from the kitchen and looked at me. I went closer to him and said

"I need a mechanic, is there a mechanic over here or do you have a phone number ?" I asked him gently.

"Yeah..! There is a notice board at the end "... He replied while pointing towards the right side of the diner." you'll get the number from there and there is a telephone too you can make a call from that phone, but I'm sure the mechanic will not appear soon in this bad weather" he said

"Okay, thanks... I'll have a black coffee till then" I smiled at him and said.

I walked towards the corner of the right side near the notice board and got the mechanic number. I called him from the telephone near it.