20

"josh, i don't know what to do anymore. he hasn't eaten in five days, never mind taken his medication." 

"I'll talk to him."

blurry taunts me again, playing a cruel game in front of my eyes.

the terrifying images are enough to make a man go mad, but unfortunately it seems as if I am already there.

"tyler, hey buddy, its me josh. jenna is here too."

"hi josh, hi jenna." i croak out. it feels as if my throat is crumbling as i speak, but then again nothing can crumble as much as i am.

"hi ty, hi baby." jenna says. i can hear her voice break. its clear she's crying.

"tyler? what's wrong?"

"blurryface. he wont leave me alone."

"tyler. you're my best friend. please, take your medicine. please. i hate seeing you like this."

i can hear jenna and josh crying now.

"your fault as well tyler." i hear a new voice laugh.

blurry.

i start crying.

"get away blurry." i croak.

"no."

"leave me alone blurryface."

"never. i am you. you are me. we are one."

"jenna, josh, im scared. i cant see anything but him."

"its okay tyler. we're right here."

suddenly the weed (not a weed that infests the whole garden, the weed that is dried up and dead, practically begging to be pulled out of the ground) , lets out a vicious scream as the other dark, scary, weed plays with the garden of his mind.

he twists the barren trees in his mind with long, spindly, black fingers, and breathes a hot black-fog breath across the last two flowers, one a brilliant red, and one a soft yellow, killing the hope in both.

and so the broken weed's life comes to seemingly dark close. the two flowers watch as their beloved broken weed thrashes and screams against the taupe couch the weed and the daisy picked out together on the summer night when everything tasted like pennies.

"josh! josh, call an ambulance!"

the sad little weed continues to thrash as the daisy cries and makes a valiant effort to stop his ungodly shaking.

but everything tasted like pennies again as the ambulance pulled up.

the sound of his daisy crying, the sound of his red petaled friend crying and screaming at the paramedics, the ever present taste of pennies (but this time their wasn't popcorn butter in his hair).

and all too suddenly, a cool sensation, and an ever present darkness.

don't forget.