35

I stand at the front of the chapel. I didn't have many best friends. I was marrying one of them and the other stood by my side as my best man.

Josh and I having working on the startups of a project.

A band.

We're called Twenty One Pilots. I've invited the small following we have created to my wedding. I never thought I could've sung again after the accident. I had not even sung much before the accident. I wanted to focus on my art. Art is my true passion. I had already started taking online college courses for my illustrations.

I plan to sing my wife a song today.

I tug nervously at my tuxedo collar, running my hands over my throat and wringing both my hands together.

Insecurity.

I look around for Blurryface but he is nowhere to be seen. Looks like he hadn't kept his promise. I was thankful.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and almost instantly I smell wood and flannel.

"Its gonna be okay bud. Don't be nervous."

I nod. The wedding music starts and the small amount of people in the chapel turn towards the two large doors.

There she is.

My daisy walks down the aisle, arm latched with her fathers.

I become misty eyed.

I have never seen someone so beautiful.

Her dress is of lace and satin and cascades down her figure. She looks like a queen.

I lift up my glasses to wipe away a stray tear and I grin ear to ear.

I have not been this happy in awhile.

Jenna's father gives me her hand.

"Take care of her."
He says it almost as if he is reassuring himself. I nod. I plan to do just that.

I take my wife's hand and smile.

Later on it's time for vows.

"Tyler, I cannot imagine a life without your smile, your laugh, or your 3 a.m. drives. The world would never shine as bright if you were not in it, and I cannot fathom a universe where you are not in my arms. Sometimes you can't express it in words and its okay. I just need you my flower. Only you."

I smile and wipe a tear yet again from my face. I promised myself I wouldn't cry but I was never one to keep promises.

My turn.

Pick up the Ukulele. Begin to sing.

"I don't know
Where I am supposed to go
So I might just
Take my pride and go
Some people, they know, know everything
But I know that they don't know my heart

Cause I, oh yeah, I believe in love
And I hope I can show you what I mean
And I don't believe love's for me, oh
So won't you come around and prove me wrong

Won't walk the world
Any different
And my path won't change until you
Make a wall and make me fall
And break me down

I don't know, no, I don't know
If I wrote this song in vain
Vain, in vain, vain

Oh, yeah
And I - oh, yeah I
Believe in love
And I hope I can show you what I mean
And I don't believe love's for me
So won't you come around and prove me wrong

Prove me wrong, yeah

You don't know me
And I don't know you
Tell me, what should I
Do?
Oh...

So won't you come around and prove me wrong."

I set down the ukulele and smile. The crowd cheers and Jenna is crying.

I usually hates it when she cries but its okay now.
"Do you, Jenna Elizabeth Black take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health. Till death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you, Tyler Robert Joseph, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health? Till death do you part?"

I used to think death would come for me a lot sooner. Now I know I want to die a long long long time from now.

"I do."

The priest says I can kiss her now.

Stare into her eyes, smile. Take her face and my hands.

Kiss.

The soft warm touch of both our lips entwined is enough to bring tears to my eyes, usually i'm wary of crying in front of others but today I decided it's okay. The last time I cried in public, it was loud, hurtful, smelled like greasy Mexican food, and I don't that topic associated with that memory so the left side of my brain decides that this one time, it is perfectly acceptable to cry.

The crowd cheers.

"Mr. and Mrs. Joseph!" The priest announces.

The rings shine in the light of the stained glass window and I am the happiest I have ever been.

Happy my best friends support me, happy my demon is not here, happy i am eternally entangled with someone i love so much, happy i have fans, happy i can speak.

Happy. Finally happy.

Don't Forget.