60

Love knows no bounds.

Tyler knew that.

He loved Jenna. She kept his demons away for the most part. Sometimes they managed the slip themselves through the cracks. It was okay though.

He was finally okay.

Tyler felt loved. Jenna loved him and he knew it. His family loved him, even if they never really showed it. Josh loved him, even though he was gone. He was still there. Not physically. But there.

"Baby?" Tyler whispered, stretching his arms out. The house was still dark, and Jenna woke up as well, both laying in the white sheeted, warm bed. Her body heat had warmed him. In Ohio it was oddly cold. A shiver was sent down Tyler's spine as his bare feet hit the hardwood floor. It was early. The sun was rising, the sky becoming illuminated with pinks and oranges.

"Jenna." Tyler whispered, holding her soft hand as the two hopped out of bed.
"Yeah Ty?"

"I love you."

Jenna Joseph ran her pale hand through his brunette hair. What a beautiful flower. In return, Tyler stared at her shockingly blue eyes. Thy were like diamonds. They sparkled more than the diamond ring on her finger.

"I love you so much Jenna Joseph."

Silence filled the room as they embraced. They both silently cried. They had been through so much. They treated this moment of peace like an old friend coming home.

Tyler sighed.

"I'm gonna go visit Josh." He mumbled, getting on his shoes. Jenna nodded. He began to go out the door when he was stopped.

"Tyler?"
"Yeah Jenna?"

The blonde ran up to Tyler, wiping his tears and hugging him.

"Sorry. I wasn't ready for you to go."
"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."
"Good."

Tyler walked out the door finally. He decided to take his bike. It belonged to him now, but it used to be Josh's. beaten up drum stickers covered it, and it was a bit dented. It had a compartment in the back he hadnt opened yet. Unlocking the lock, he was suprised to find Josh's favorite sweatshirt. A thick pullover jumper with a nebula on it. Tyler pulled it over his head, the collar getting stuck on his glasses. It still smelled of Josh. Wood and flannel. A bit of red hair dye stained the collar.

Tyler thought a lot as he took in the sights of the sunrise on a ride there.

There was many moments he wouldn't forget. Graduation. The Summers Eve Ball, the car crash. Jenna waking up. The first "I love you.". The nightmares, the guilt, the deaths. The demons. The seizure. Losing his voice, and regaining it. The proposal and the wedding. The first dance with his wife. The album, Vessel. Josh's death. Zack's death. Blurryface.

He told himself he wouldn't forget. And he never did. Some if those memories haunt him. Some bring him joy.

The sun was still pink when he reached Josh's grave. He parked his bike against a tree. Josh loved riding bikes, and loved nature. His gravesite was in a peaceful cemetery. Full of trees and flowers. Serenity.

Tyler sat in front of the headstone, dirt clinging to the legs of his black skinny jeans. His rimmed glasses were suddenly a heavy weight on the bridge of his nose. His freckles were heightened by the sunrise. Josh loved the sunrise. Tears filled Tyler's eyes as his nose reconciled with Josh's familiar scent. He missed him dearly. But he also knew Josh wasn't in pain. Tyler ran his calloused fingers over the writing on the stone, the rubber band on his wrist brushing against the smooth marble.

"I miss you. God. I miss you so much Josh. I miss you so badly. I can't bear the thoughts anymore. I want my best friend back. But I know you're happy. You're with Zack. You two always liked each other. Got along well. I hope you both are okay. I know you're both not in pain. That's enough for me." Tyler said, smiling. Tears fell down his cheeks, and he placed yellow flowers at the foot of the grave. His grave.

He felt a familiar presence. Like a being was behind him. This time it felt warm.

"Hey buddy."

Tyler ran cold.
"Josh?"
"Hey Ty. Yeah it's me. Not to worry, you're not crazy. I'm still gone. This is just my memory. I miss you man. I miss you so damn much."

Tyler began to cry. The smiling image of a personified memory made him happy. He hugged Josh. He held on tight. He took part in remembering him. Faded pink hair, freckles, and the scent of wood.

"Move on Ty. I love you but you'll only hurt yourself by trying to hold on. Ty. Keep pushing. Keep going. Stay alive for me. For Zack. For Jenna. For your future baby. For the clique." Josh said, crying.

Tyler nodded.

"I will Josh. I will."

Tyler hugged him and began to sing. A song off the album. Truce.

"Now the night, is coming to an end." Tyler sang, crying. Josh cried with him.

"I hope I'm not my only friend."

"Stay alive, stay alive for me."

"You will die, but now your life is free."

"Take pride in what is sure to die."

Tyler finished off the song, wiping away his tears. Josh smiled, almost sadly.

Tyler and Josh did their famous handshake one final time.

Best friends persist, love persists. Weeds persist, as do flowers.

Flowers grow in many ways. Crooked, full. Diseased. Wilted. Bright.

Obstacles come in the way of the growing. But, if it is really worth it, the flower will grow in spite of the obstacles.

Tyler knew Josh would always be with him, even after his image faded away.

Opening the door back to his home, the sun finally had risen. Tyler Joseph sat down at his piano, playing out Truce. Jenna walked into the room, sitting next to him, and finally embracing her love.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I am finally okay."

The End.