30

i tap jenna on the shoulder. we've been researching of my situation could ever be bettered. apparently theres a chance.

a slim, slim 3% chance.

but a chance nonetheless.

i sign to her that i would like to take her on a drive. its 3 am but she complies.

under the orange glow of the street lamps, i look to her and smile. i cannot believe how lucky i am.

so, so lucky.

take her hand, squeeze it tight.

a sudden honk of a horn sends me into panic mode, and i see a truck heading for us.

jenna screams.  i try to scream and somehow a faint sound comes out.

i throw my hand in front of jennas chest as if to steady her, and as if thatll do anything to prevent the truck from killing us. i use the other hand to frantically swerve out of the way of the truck, and as if by some will of God we are safe.

i pull over, the truck keeps on hurdling past us.

jenna's crying. i hate it when she cries. but we're safe. shes safe.

i unbuckle my seatbelt and hold her. i grab onto her small body so tight i think her bones may break.

as i wipe her tears i realize we are next to the same field where i proposed.

don't forget.

i try to speak to her, to calm her once the sobbing stops.

"i thought i was going to lose you." she said, hugging me. i kiss her forehead and smile, a watery tear trailing down my face.

"you're okay." i try to say.

something happens that never has had before.

"okay." i speak in a raspy voice.

"what did you just say?"

"okay."

as the daisy comes the realization of what just happened she screams with overflowing joy.

the silent barrier has been broken, and i scream and shout the word i just spoke over and over again in pure euphoria.

jenna and i cry tears of joy. i try to speak some more and to my surprise it works.

"i-i. lov-e you Jenna." i say slowly. it feels weird to talk, and theres a weird buzzing sensation in my throat but i don't care.

my life isn't made to be some cheesy romance story you would find on the internet, but if thats what it is then i'm happy because i have Jenna.

"i love you Tyler! oh my god, babe, I love you!" jenna says, still crying.

"I love you." i repeat, picking her up and taking her to lay in the daisies and look at the stars.

don't forget.