26

walk through the field, but for some reason im by myself.
i call out for the daisy, but with no response. same with josh.

i notice every step i take at least one red petaled flower, or a daisy dies.

one by one by one.

soon the whole field is a grey wasteland.

i hear a distorted voice, almost unhuman.

"hElLO tYleR"

i turn around to see blurryface smirking at me.

evil evil evil.

"go away!" i shout, throwing my arm out to punch the demon, yet he catches my hand with his own jet black one. the red beanie on his head and his crimson eyes almost taunt me as blurryface grips my hand.

i watch in horror as my own hand turns black and my vision fades to a red hue.

blurry crushes my hand, both of my own hands now being jet black as well.

i scream in pain as he disappears, but another figure replaces him.

zack.

tears spring to my eyes.

its not real. its not real.

"you killed me tyler."

"zack, im sorry, i didn't mean to. i love you, you're my brother."

"you killed me! its your fault im dead!"

"i didn't get on that plane! im sorry, i should have!"

everything, silent.

"im sorry zack. we shouldn't have fought. i just didn't want you to leave me for california. you were all i had. you were the only sibling who understood me. i should have told you i loved you. im sorry."

silence.

zack starts to disappear, the sound of me screaming as he fades away fills the field.

i wake up in a cold sweat. they're tears running down my face, and i can't breathe.

i turn to my right in the bed, and i see the daisy. i cant lose her, or josh too.

my hand hurts.

i look down at the two hands of my own and see a bit of black shading at the tips of some of the fingers.

i end up spending two hours trying to scrub it off, my fingers bleed.

i finally fall asleep on the bathroom floor, clutching the one picture i had of zack and i from my bedside table.

i'd like to believe i didn't kill my brother, but i am really not sure.