51

The sky is pink, but the flower's friends face is an angry shade of red.

"J-Josh..." I mumbled. Tears sprung to my eyes. That didn't just happen.

"I-I'm sorry Tyler. I'm sorry. I couldn't do it anymore. I-"

The flower cuts off his pink-petaled best friend by wrapping his arms around him, holding tight.

He was afraid he would try to leave him again.

After a good 10 minutes of both boys crying into each other's arms, they head back to the tour bus.

The next night, at the show. Tyler stopped.

"You know here, I've noticed something. In this town, time stops. Nothing seems real does it?" The boy contemplated into the microphone, hus very thoughts being told to the crowd.

"Hey, Hey. Wouldn't it be great, great. If we could just lay down, and wake up in Slowtown? Today, day, I wanna go away, way. 'Cause things are too fast now, I wanna be in Slowtown."

The crowd roared with excitement, recognizing the anthem.

The audience took his thoughts and related to them. That's all he could ask for.

He laid down in his bunk, staring at the ceiling. It was 3 a.m, nothing but blank grey running through his mind, with the occasional black cloud.

Nothing seems real.

"Tyler?"

The daisy. I woke her. Maybe it was my mumbling, or the snapping of the rubber band. I did that ever so often as I thought.

"Yes love?" I asked as she stood up. No more questions were asked as she climbed into my bunk with me. She enveloped herself in the blankets, body heat becoming numerous in amount.

I was silent, except for a tear as she stared confused, at the band.

"Again?" She whispered, her voice cracking.

I just nodded, staring with emptiness at the wall. I felt the daisy wrap me in her arms, even though she was much smaller than I. Our faces would occasionally be lit up by passing orange streetlights through the small window, and the warm hue would accent the worry on the flowers face.

"I'm sorry."
"You'll get better Tyler. But the only way you can is if you take the pills."
"I'm weak."
"Getting help is not weak. It's brave."

Silence. I kissed the top of her head, tears running down my face.

"I love you Tyler."

"I love you too baby."

"Promise you'll take the medicine?"

"I promise honey."

All was quiet, but the tears of both flowers, entangled in each other, and slowly rebuilding themselves.