56

"Family members may see him now."

Those words echoed through the room. The sound waves bouncing off the walls and burying themselves into melancholy ears.

The chapel's backroom was filled with pink roses. His favorite. They had lit candles smelling of pine trees, his favorite smell, because it had always reminded him of the tree house he spent most of his childhood in. He always said he said wanted the smell of pine trees with a hint of smoke. That treehouse had been destroyed in a fire four years after their conversation.

Everyone was dressed in black and their eyes pleaded for mercy. A large photo of the pink haired boy stood tall next to his cold body in the casket. His small silver nose ring still resided in his face, and his bright pink hair added a pop of color to the jet black event.

Tyler stared blankly at Joshua's family crying at his coffin.

His sisters sobbed, as did his parents. Jordan just sat and silently cried, refusing to believe his big brother was gone.

"Friends may see him now."

Tyler and Jenna were the last to walk up. Before them was the likes of his other friends, such as Ashley, Hailey, Jon, Jesse, and Brendon. The friends comforted Tyler as well. They knew without Josh, Tyler was lost.

Jenna took her turn and stepped to the side to give Tyler his time.

"Hey dog breath. I'm sorry you had to leave. Brain cancer and a coma is no way to go out. I'm sorry." Tyler mumbled, holding the body's hand and tearing up.

"But please. Remember that you arent in pain now. Remember that I will always be your best friend. I love you man. The clique loves you. It'll be hard, but I'll make sure they stay alive without you. Power to the local dreamer. Anyways. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. Rest easy my friend. I love you Josh. Goodbye."

Tyler sat there crying, until Jenna dragged him away from his best friend.

Later, after the procession, Tyler was left staring at a headstone on top of a patch of fresh dirt. The stone read:

"Here lies Joshua William Dun. Son, Brother, Best friend, bandmate, drummer. May he fly, worry free, in Heaven and in our hearts."

Tyler stayed there. Just sitting. Lying there, crying, cold and wet from the rain pouring on top of him.

"Ty?"
"Hi Jenna."
"Baby, come home."
"I can't."
"Why not?"

"Josh was home."